The OBD-II system is one that was adopted quite early on in the automotive industry. This system monitors the electronics of the car. The system is designed to help the car perform a self-diagnosis check and report the findings.
OBD-II systems basically tell the driver where there is a problem. After so doing, it becomes the obligation of the driver to fix the problem. In general, the OBD II systems save the driver the cost of checking it in the garage.
The iCarsoft POR II Porsche OBD-II scanner is an OBD-II system designed for Porsches. In addition to informing you of any potential problems with your car, the tool could eliminate some annoying functions.
Most people would love to get rid of some warning lights and beeps. In such instances, the iCarsoft POR II Porsche Scanner comes in handy.
The iCarsoft POR II Porsche OBD-II is specifically designed to read from Porsches. It can diagnose and report any potential errors as well as help the driver get rid of error codes. iCarsoft POR II Porsche is designed to function in any model of Porsche.
- These models range from sporty SUVs such as the Cayenne and the Macan to sports cars like the 911. The diagnosis tool works on all of the models.
This scanner is only available in the vehicle. The tool does not come with an application for your mobile phone.
Most users report that they are happy with the display of the iCarsoft POR II Porsche scanner. The device has a display that contains all the functions the user requires. In addition to this, the functions are displayed on a colorful OLED screen.
The screen is also bright enough to see even at the brighter parts of the day. One flaw of the display is that it is rather small. The screen is 4” large which could make it slightly harder to code for people with larger fingers.
iCarsoft POR II Porsche comes as standard with the software developed by iCarsoft technology Inc. The software is specifically designed to be user-friendly and unique at the same time.
As standard, guidance on how to use the software is in the manual. Most users have reported that it is pretty easy to maneuver through the software’s functions even without the manual.
TheiCarsoft POR II Porsche was made as a diagnostic scanner for Porsches. It analyses potential problems and flicks warning lights to alert the owner. However, the system performs more functions than these, some of which include:
- Capable of reading all type of codes, from transmission codes to Airbag codes.( it can also clean these code).
- Capable of working with the ECU of the car and the ABS.
- Can read the data stream coming from the car.
- The system comes equipped with Metal Dome Keys that are pretty easy to use.
- Help user calibrate the warning lights according to their service schedule.
- The scanner has the ability to make a full diagnosis of the ABS and the Airbags and clear any error codes if any exist
- The scanner is it enables the user to switch off the warning lights and sounds. Some of these include the seatbelt beep and brake warning lights.
The iCarsoft POR II Porsche is made to perform the following key roles.
- Scan and clear all potential trouble codes from your dashboard.
- Monitor all electrical functions of the car which include the ABS, the Airbags, the safety belts even the engine condition among numerous others.
- The scanner can re-calibrate your warning and service lights.
Pros and cons
|Unique user-friendly swoftware||The screen is rather small.|
|Can switch off unnecessary warning lights.||Lacks a mobile app to remotely access the diagnosis of the vehicle.|
|Helps you prepare for potential problems||Only work with Porsche|
|Most user think it effective||Some user report that it does not work at all|
* Easy to use application: the scanner has a well detailed.
*Has a user-friendly swoftware
*It diagnoses and clears several types of error codes.
*Has a small display that is hardly user friendly .
*Has a small display.
*Some customers report that it does not really work on Porsches.
*This system was developed by professionals for all models of the Porsche 911.
*Help save the cost of diagnosing your car in the garage.
*This OBD-II Scanner was developed for Porsches by iCarsoft.
The system is specifically designed for Porsche owners. It works well with almost all Porsche vehicles. Additionally, the vehicle has to be OBD-II enabled.
The iCarsoft POR II Porsche OBD-II scanner is the ideal scanner for Porsche’s.