One of the lights on the dashboard is flashing and you want to know what happened with your Toyota? You need a Toyota scan tool to do. In this review, I will walk you through the 5 Best OBD2 Scanners for Toyota vehicles in 2019.
But first, let’s check out the Editor’s picks below.
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Toyota Scanners
|Editor's Pick||Best Affordable||Also Great|
4.2 / 5
4.4 / 5
4.2 / 5
|Item Weight||1.44 ounces||1.95 pounds||3.63 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 2.8 x 1.6 inches||7.3 x 10.2 x 3 inches||4 x 11 x 13.5 inches|
|OBDII Test Modes||Partially||Full 10 Modes||Partially|
|ABS, SRS Diagnostics||✔||✔||✔|
|Code Definition Lookup Library||✔||✔||✔|
|Oil Light Reset||--||--||✔|
|OBDI Trouble Codes||--||--||✔|
Table of Contents
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Toyota Scanners
- 2 Best Toyota Scan Tools Review
- 3 Final Verdict
Best Toyota Scan Tools Review
1. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Toyota Code Reader
Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Toyota Diagnostic Tool offers car owners limitless diagnostic capabilities. It can read and reset error codes as well as make reports. This diagnostic tool also checks your car emissions and thus gets you ready for a smog test.
The coolest part is that Carista allows you to customize various features in your car. You can, therefore, change small things that would have otherwise required a profession to suit your style. That will definitely give you a more comfortable time.
Once it has checked for error codes, it gives you excellent solutions to the issues. The error codes can then be done away with by just touching the clear button. This Toyota can tool will give you endless details concerning the state of your car ranging from fuel consumption, engine data, and assembly location among many other features.
Some Features and Functions of Carista are:
- Can diagnose, service and customize your car
- Uses Bluetooth on IOS and Android
- Code reading and resetting
- Electronic service tools
- Vehicle setting personalization
- Lets you have full access to the electronics in your vehicle.
- Provides a quick diagnostic method.
- Has a dependable support system
- Offers you e-tools to service your vehicle on your own
- Allows you to maintain your car by yourself.
- Has a customizations option.
- Works on both Android and IOS.
- Only compatible with particular car models.
- In-app purchase to upgrade to the CaristaApp Pro after 1 month of free trial
Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner comes in handy for car owners who enjoy diagnosing and servicing their vehicles. This Toyota code reader also has a great feature that allows you to customize your car to make it easy to use.
2. Autel ML619 OBDII CAN Toyota Diagnostic Tool
If you are looking for the scanner that can identify and resolve issues affecting the ABS and SRS, then Autel Maxlink ML619 is what you need.
This scanner can read error codes both in SRS (Supplement Restraint System) and ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System). In addition, this Toyota diagnostic tool has a color screen that makes it easy to use and operate.
It can read and identify the problem causing your Check Engine Light to stay on. The best is that it has the capability to turn off indicator lights when they malfunction.
And that is not all, this scanner gives an excellent source of information about your car which can be useful for purposes of car tracking or recording.
Some Features and Functions of Autel ML619 are:
- 10 OBDII Test Modes
- Instant DOC/DPF replacement reset
- It is compact and facilitates easy transpoWorks on a variety of car models
- Enables you to choose language freely
- Uses OBD2 code to get the status report of 02 sensors.
- OBD2 software allows for updates.
- Comes with a paper manual
- Prints data using a pc window
- Retrieves information concerning your vehicle
- Wireless VCI
- Records and playback data
Autel Maxilink ML619 is the best Toyota OBD2 Scanner today. It’s especially ideal for average car owners who wish to have a simple and easy way to find problems in the vehicles before they take it to a mechanic.
The procedure for use is straightforward and will save you a lot of unnecessary trips to the garage.
A mechanic could also find this diagnostic tool very valuable as it has varied applications and connect with numerous car models.
3. Actron CP9690 OBD1&2 Toyota Diagnostic Tool
Actron CP9690 Elite is also one of the best OBD2 scanners for Toyota vehicles. If you are eyeing for a versatile and easy to use scanner then Actron CP9690 is the real deal. It allows you to diagnose and explore your car(s) by yourself.
This scan tool has unique features that make it possible to read manufacturers’ specific information, record, retrieve and even print the data via pc. Pretty neat, right?
Despite the vehicles make, model, engine or year, CP9690 will help you troubleshoot and come up with solutions for that specific vehicle. This scanning tool also allows for triangular support as well as recording, playback and even graphical data of live engines.
Some Features and Functions of Actron CP9690 are:
- Can print data via pc
- Record, retrieve and show live engine data
- Color LD screen that is easy to read
- Codes connect with over 26 million fixes, including Airbag and ABS.
- Has a battery and alternative ways to charge.
- Dual PID graph
- Has a triangular manual
- Can be updated via a USB port.
- ABS and powertrain coverage
- OBDI/CAN support
- Live engine data
- Reset battery and oil light
The user-friendly Actron CP9690 Elite is very commendable for DIYers. Professional mechanics could also find this tool very useful for diagnosing problems efficiently.
Actron CP9690 is compatible with Toyota models as well as a wide range of other car models.
4. BAFX OBD2 Bluetooth Toyota Scanner
This Toyota scan tool allows you to check for a variety of problems which include the engine light codes and the monitor sensor readings.
To make things even better, it gives you reports on the errors on your vehicle. And that is not enough, this scanner gives you directions on the best action to rectify the errors. After getting your report, you can then clear the error codes in just one touch of a button of this Toyota scan tool.
BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner makes dreams come true for many car owners. It is just what you need to maintain your car.
This scanner allows you to monitor any dysfunction in your car and also gives the fastest ways to fix those problems. Don’t forget that it also informs you about which issues hold a higher priority.
Some Features and Functions of BAFX Products are:
- Check and read engine light codes
- Reset the Check Engine Light
- Ensure that your vehicle is ready for smog
- Data logging
- Graph sensor readings
- It is compact for convenience
- Can be used with Android devices through Bluetooth
- Plugged into the cars OBDII data port directly
BAFX is one of the best Toyota scanners that give the average car owner the ability to troubleshoot and even rectify some problems on your own. The device is perfect for beginners as it is effortless to use.
For fans of the iPhone iPad, check out BAFX for iOS here.
5. Foseal WIFI OBD2 OBD2 Scanner
Foseal Car WIFI OBD2 Scanner is a wireless scanning tool that utilizes both the android and IOS devices. It has a uniquely compact design and is easily portable.
Foseal scanning tool allows you to diagnose and gives you the information in real-time. The OBD2 scanner is also instrumental when it comes to resetting trouble codes in different vehicles.
Some Features and Functions of Foseal Wifi are:
- Supports and is compatible with IOS and Android as well
- Read and resets error codes
- Comes with an iPhone software
- Offers live streaming of engine data
Who is Foseal Wifi built for?
The price range for Foseal Car WIFI OBD2 makes it an excellent Toyota Diagnostic Scanner for beginners seeking a way through which to diagnose cars before seeking out a mechanic. It is not complicated and offers a read and deletes error codes easily.
There are numerous Toyota diagnostic tools in the market that are likely to meet your budget and preference. Getting a good quality and reliable scanning device would be a wise decision. It will save you on so much time, thus ensuring you enjoy your ride to the maximum.
But for Toyota car owners looking for efficient scanning tools are well-taken care. The above lists of scanning tools are known to be very useful for Toyota vehicles. With one of those, your trips to the mechanic shop are bound to reduce greatly.
On top of this, they help keep your car at its level best by diagnosing problems and offering solutions before they worsen. The choice you make should be determined by your budget and experience when it comes to handling tools.
Autel Maxilink ML619 is the best balance of expense and experience for any Toyota owners.
Bonus: Best Audi Scan Tools Review