One of the lights on the dashboard is flashing and you want to know what happened with your Toyota? You need a Toyota scan tool to do. In this review, I will walk you through the 5 Best OBD2 Scanners for Toyota vehicles in 2020.
But first, let’s check out the Editor’s picks below.
What is the best Scan Tool for my Toyota/Lexus today?
|Editor's Picks||Product||Our Rating|
|Runner Up||Actron CP9690 Elite||8/10|
|Best Budget Buy||BAFX||9/10|
|Best Valua||Autel ML619||8/10|
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the best Scan Tool for my Toyota/Lexus today?
- 2 Best Toyota Scan Tool
- 3 Final Verdict
Best Toyota Scan Tool
1. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter
Carista offers car owners limitless diagnostic capabilities. It can read and reset error codes as well as make reports. This diagnostic tool also checks your car emissions and thus gets you ready for a smog test. The coolest part is that the device allows you to customize various features in your car. You can, therefore, change small things that would have otherwise required a profession to suit your style. That will definitely give you a more comfortable time.
Once it has checked for error codes, it gives you excellent solutions to the issues. The error codes can then be done away with by just touching the clear button. This tool will give you endless details concerning the state of your car ranging from fuel consumption, engine data, and assembly location among many other features. Furthermore, Carista Bluetooth comes in handy for car owners who enjoy diagnosing and servicing their vehicles personally. When it comes to the compatibility, it will access these manufacturer-specific systems for the following makes including Audi, Toyota, BMW, VW, Lexus, Mini and Scion.
- Lets you have full access to the electronics in your vehicle.
- Provides a quick diagnostic method.
- Has a dependable support system
- Allows you to maintain your car by yourself.
- Has a customizations option.
- Works on both Android and IOS.
- Only compatible with particular car models.
- In-app purchase to upgrade to the CaristaApp Pro after 1 month of free trial
I’ve been using and testing hundreds of auto scanners in the market, but Carista is the most affordable and reliable one I’ve ever known that is suitable for a DIY-er or a car owner.Check Price at Amazon
2. Actron CP9690 Elite ABS/SRS OBD1 and OBD2 Scanner
Actron CP9690 Elite is also one of the best OBD2 scanners for Toyota vehicles. If you are eyeing for a versatile and easy to use scanner then Actron CP9690 is the real deal. It allows you to diagnose and explore your car(s) by yourself. Besides, this Toyota scanner has unique features that make it possible to read manufacturers’ specific information, record, retrieve and even print the data via pc. Pretty neat, right? Codes connect with over 26 million fixes, including Airbag and ABS available for most cars made from 1996 to 2013
Despite the vehicles make, model, engine or year, CP9690 will help you troubleshoot and come up with solutions for that specific vehicle. This scanning tool also allows for trilingual support as well as recording, playback and even graphical data of live engines. There is a battery backup and alternative ways to charge for the scanner when off the vehicle. Also, you can update the device via a USB port. Thanks to a color LD screen, you will feel it easy to read and operate.
- It is user-friendly.
- Cost-free technical backup system.
- Works with various car models.
- Convenient size that is easy to carry around.
- Has a battery alternate.
- Offers an internet update option.
- It has an external battery.
- Has a reliable support team
- Offers both live and recorded readings.
- It is only available to US vehicle owners.
- For easy use, a user has to be able to understand the information.
If you are an advanced DIY-er or professional technician, Actron CP9690 will be excellent for you!Check Price at Amazon
3. BAFX Products Bluetooth Cheap OBD2 Scanner
BAFX Bluetooth makes dreams come true for many car owners. It is just what you need to maintain your car.
This Toyota OBD2 scanner allows you to check for a variety of problems which include the engine light codes and the monitor sensor readings. To make things even better, the device gives you reports on the errors on your vehicle as well as directions on the best action to rectify the errors. After that, you can then clear the error codes in just one touch of a button of this scan tool. This scanner allows you to monitor any dysfunction in your car and also gives the fastest ways to fix those problems. Don’t forget that it also informs you about which issues hold a higher priority through Bluetooth. Another useful feature is the capability to reset the check engine light.
This compact tool works on all vehicles in the US and supports all OBD2 protocols:
- SAE J1850 PWM,
- ISO1430-4 KWP,
- SAE J1850 VPW,
- ISO15765-4 CAN.
- Offers a faster reading speed as compared to other models.
- Highly durable and long usage life.
- Easy to use and compatible with all vehicle models.
- Provides real-time information and real-time sensor data.
- Comes with a two-year warranty.
- A knowledgeable support team based in the USA.
- Helps in preparation for a SMOG test.
- Has a dependable support system and can record mileage.
- Can only be used with Android devices.
- Not available for buyers outside the US.
- Does not work on IOS devices.
BAFX is so perfect for beginners as it is effortless to use.Check Price at Amazon
For fans of the iPhone iPad, check out BAFX for iOS here.
4. Autel ML619 OBD2 Scan Tool with ABS SRS Diagnoses
If you are looking for the scanner that can identify and resolve issues affecting the ABS and SRS, then Autel Maxlink ML619 is what you need. This code reader can read error codes both in SRS (Supplement Restraint System) and ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System). In addition, it can read and identify the problem causing your Check Engine Light to stay on. The best part is the capability to turn off indicator lights when they malfunction. The device has a color screen that makes it easy to use and operate.
And that is not all, this scanner gives an excellent source of information about your car which can be useful for purposes of car tracking or recording. Moreover, you can print out its results on paper in case you need advice from professional technicians about the condition of your engine. This unit enables you to choose various language freely (English, Spanish, and even French). It is compact and facilitates easily on a variety of car models released in 1996 and later.
Autel ML619 is especially ideal for an average car owner who wishes to have a simple and easy way to find problems in the vehicles before taking it to a technician.Check Price at Amazon
5. Foseal WIFI OBDII Bluetooth Toyota Scanning Tool
Foseal Wifi is a wireless scanning tool that utilizes both the android and IOS devices. It has a uniquely compact design and is easily portable. This Toyota code reader allows you to diagnose and gives you the information in real-time. The OBD2 scanner is also instrumental when it comes to resetting trouble codes in different vehicles.
One helpful feature is live streaming of engine data. The code scanner also displays the timing advance, rate of air flow, load value, pressure for the intake manifold and voltage for O2 sensor. Similarly to BAFX, it supports OBD-II protocols such as ISO 14230-4 (KWP 2000), ISO 15765-4 (CAN), J1850 VPW, and J1850 PWM.
Some Features and Functions of Foseal Wifi are:
- Gives live graphs for the performance and status of the engine.
- Provides manufacturers information.
- Trained customer supports.
- Compatible with multiple protocols.
- Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Works with numerous car models.
- Comes in a convenient size.
- Bright display light screen.
- High risk of security/malware issues.
- Needs Wi-Fi to connect.
- Requires a pc for full functionality.
If you are on a tight budget and don’t want to seek out a technician, Foseal Car Wifi is a perfect choice. It is not complicated and offers a read and deletes error codes easily.Check Price at Amazon
There are numerous Toyota diagnostic tools in the market that are likely to meet your budget and preference. Getting a good quality and reliable scanning device would be a wise decision. It will save you on so much time, thus ensuring you enjoy your ride to the maximum.
But for Toyota car owners looking for efficient scanning tools are well-taken care. The above lists of tools are known to be very useful for Toyota vehicles. With one of those, your trips to the mechanic shop are bound to reduce greatly.
On top of this, they help keep your car at its level best by diagnosing problems and offering solutions before they worsen. The choice you make should be determined by your budget and experience when it comes to handling tools.
Autel Maxilink ML619 is the best balance of expense and experience for any Toyota owners.