If you are looking for the best OBDLink scan tool that can be controlled from your Android, Windows, or iOS device, you have landed on the right page.
OBDLink scan tools are favorite among car owners, DIYers, professionals, and mechanics as well. They incorporate a user-friendly interface, up to date software technology, and excellent features.
Best OBDLink Scan Tool
|Editor's Picks||Product||Our Rating|
|Best Overall||OBDLink MX+||9.5/10|
|Runner Up||OBDLink LX||9.5/10|
|Best Value||OBDLink SX||8.5/10|
We have picked four of the best OBDLink scan tools on the market for you in this review.
Without much ado, let’s have a look.
1. OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Adapter for iOS, Android
If you’re looking for the best OBDLink scan tool for your vehicle, OBDLink MX+ can be an excellent choice. It supports iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows devices.
ABS/SRS: This scan tool can check ABS related codes and find faults such as broken sensors, damaged wires, etc. It also supports SRS codes and can identify issues in the system that interfere with the airbag deployment.
TPMS: OBDLink MX+ can monitor your vehicle’s tires’ pressure and notify you if it is low.
Basic Features: You can check engine codes, current transmission temperature, measure fuel economy, customize the dashboard, smog test, view DTCs, etc.
It supports all 1996 and newer obd2 compliant models.
- Free lifetime firmware updates.
- 90-day money-back guarantee.
- You can buy an enhanced add-on to access manufacturer-specific data (around $9.99/ add-on.)
- Hack proof.
- Supports multiple vehicles (require separate profiles.)
- Doesn’t perform Key programming.
- Doesn’t reset maintenance lights in Honda.
OBDLink MX+ is suitable for DIYers, enthusiasts, and semi-professionals as it offers many basic and a few advanced featuresCheck Price at Amazon
2. OBDLink LX Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter Windows and Android
If you’re looking for the best OBDLink scan tool that offers quick diagnosis, consider OBDLink LX. It can read engine codes accurately and in a blink of an eye.
The right app can perform some tasks, including virtual gauges, detailed graphs, logs, and exporting data.
Bluetooth Connection: You can install the OBDLink app or download any third-party app such as Torque and DashCommand to make a connection via Bluetooth and control the scanner with your phone. It will suggest repairs, display graphs, logs, and even let you export data to laptops or PCs.
Battery Saver: Unlike most OBD2 scanners, this one uses minimum battery power (0.2 watts) and also comes with a sleep feature.
128-Bit Encryption: OBDLink LX is unhackable because it works on 128-bit data encryption.
Long-Lasting: This scanner is fireproof and also prevents overheating. Hence, it will last for a long time.
It covers all 1996+ cars and light trucks manufactured in the USA except for hybrid or electric vehicles. It doesn’t support MS and SW protocol in GM Ford.
- 90-day money-back guarantees and three-year replacement/repair warranty.
- Automatic sleep and wake feature to save power.
- Lightweight (1 ounce)
- Increases the speed of the software by 400%.
- No hidden charges when you use the OBDLink app (Free.)
- Not suitable for GM-Ford.
- Doesn’t offer advanced features.
ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth: OBD2 Adapter (Windows and Android) for Cars and Trucks is ideal for beginners who want to use basic features such as check engine light codes.Check Price at Amazon
3. OBDLink SX USB OBD2 Scan Tool for Windows
This device is a UBS-based scanner that supports Android (3.1 above) and Windows devices. You can connect it directly to a laptop or phone and use it via the OBDlink app.
This device offers many useful features and is also a breeze to use.
Live Data: With this scan tool, you can see live data. It will show you the distance covered, fuel consumed, detailed graphs, logs, freeze frame data, and 90+ other real-time parameters.
CEL: OBDLink SX can read all kinds of engine trouble codes and help clear the light.
Fuel Economic: You can create a custom economy gauge layout to keep an eye on fuel consumption, helping you save money.
This plug and play device supports all 1996 and newer models that are obd2 supported (except hybrid and electric cars). It supports EOBD and JOBD as well.
- Over 7000 codes in the database to help you identify problems.
- Upgradeable firmware allows the device to cover more issues.
- Free license key for OBDwiz PC diagnostics software (Windows PCs, laptops.)
- Fast response time.
- 3-year warranty
- Doesn’t support Bluetooth/WiFi.
- Doesn’t support Apple devices.
Car owners who want to perform basic functionalities such as gauge fuel economy, distance covered, CEL can give ScanTool OBDLink SX USB: OBD2 Scan Tool (Windows) for Cars and Trucks a try.Check Price at Amazon
These are the four best OBDlink scan tools that you can consider. Pick one that fits your requirements, and you’re good to hit the road.