An OBD2 live data scanner can be useful in keeping your vehicle well-maintained. It shows you live results, helping you save time and energy.
There are many such tools on the market, so it can be challenging to pick the best one.
To help you make the right decision, we have covered the five best OBD2 live data scanners in this honest review.
Best OBD2 Live Data Scanner
|Editor's Picks||Product||Our Rating|
|Runner Up||Veepeak OBDCheck BLE||9.5/10|
|Best Budget Buy||FIXD||8.5/10|
|Best Value||FOXWELL NT301||8.5/10|
|Also great||Innova 3040e||7.5/10|
1. BlueDriver Bluetooth OBDII Scanner For iPhone & Android
This is one of the best OBD2 live data scanners. The scan tool is fast and even shows data in a graphical format, making it easy to comprehend information.
Plus, it also gives you the ability to customize the output.
Live Data: This OBD2 live data scanner will give you access to:
- Ignition Time: It tells you the speed at which the spark is igniting the fuel mixture.
- Vehicle Speed: This shows you the exact speed at which the vehicle is running (km/h and m/h).
- Engine RPM: It displays the number of revolutions made around the axis within a minute.
- Absolute Throttle Position: Helps you understand the air intake of the engine.
- Mass Air Flow: It’s a sensor that reads the air’s mass flow rate entering the combustion engine.
In addition, it shows fuel pressure, technical bulletin services, specifications, and manages maintenance schedules.
ABS, SRS, and Transmission Diagnosis: It can read both ABS, SRS, and transmission codes. The systems are essential for your safety as they deal with traction and airbags, respectively.
Basic Features: It offers features such as CEL, freeze frame, MIL, smog test, and check engine oil temperature.
Wireless: This live data scanner can be used wirelessly thanks to Bluetooth support. It works on the latest Android and iOS devices.
You can download the FREE Bluedriver app and use the tool without any trouble.
It is compatible with all 1996 and later vehicles that are OBD2 compliant. Moreover, it supports all the major protocols as well.
- Operates without a battery.
- Enhanced diagnostics (ABS/SRS code reading).
- 1-year warranty..
- Lifetime free updates.
- Sends alerts/codes to your mobile phone.
- Fails to show crank sensor data.
- Doesn’t work for diesel cars.
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Live Data Scan Tool with ABS SRS Transmission Diagnostics for iPhone And Android is suitable for DIYers and car owners.Check Price at Amazon
2. Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner
As a Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter, Veepeak OBDCheck BLE pairs with a third-party OBD2 app installed on your iPhone/iPad or an Android device to make a complete scan tool. To use it, plug the adapter into your OBD2 port and get it connected to your smartphone.
With this scan tool from Veepeak, you don’t have to worry about wasting your time and money at your mechanic’s shop anymore. You can now find and fix most of your vehicle’s problems, from reading DTCs or resetting the MIL to estimating your car’s fuel economy.
Once a possible issue is found, the scanner will show the corresponding OBD2 code on your smartphone screen and guide you on how to fix it.
If you are worried about compatibility, this Bluetooth scanner supports any vehicle protocols and works well with most OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars, SUVs, and light trucks made in 1996 and later for the US market.
- Reads and clears DTCs;
- Views freeze frame data;
- Resets the MIL;
- Prepares the next smog check;
- Explores the real-time sensor data;
- Customizes your dashboard, and estimates your vehicle’s fuel economy.
- Compatible with various OBD2 apps.
- Does not work with Android car head units or stereos
- No support for Windows devices
If you’re a fan of technology and want to see what’s wrong with your car, this is ideal. If you need a budget-friendly wireless scanner connected to your smartphone, this live data scan tool is a perfect companion.Check Price at Amazon
3. FOXWELL NT301 Full-OBD2 Scanner With Check Engine Light
Foxwell NT301 is one of the best live data scanners because of its amazing features. It’s among the most durable products and is also very easy to use.
Live Data: This OBD2 live data scanner offers more than 40 live data graphing options, including:
- Calculated load value
- Fuel system status
- Engine Coolant Temperature
- Short and Long term fuel trim
- Engine RPM
- Vehicle Speed
- Sensor Ignition timing
- Intake air temperature
- Mass Air Flow
- Absolute Throttle Position
- Location of Oxygen Sensors
- Oxygen sensor output voltage
- Distance traveled while MIL activated
Data logging: It records, reads, playbacks, and graphs live sensor data.
Basic Features: It supports basic features such as MIL, engine trouble codes, freeze frame, I/M readiness, VIN, CEL, and DTC.
FOXWELL NT301 covers most 1996, and newer US-based OBD2 supported cars. It also supports 2001 and newer European cars (petrol supported).
- Easy to update through the internet.
- Saves data log that can also be printed.
- Charges when the ignition is on.
- 1-year money-back guarantee and lifetime free updates.
- On-screen DTC definitions make it easy to understand the problem.
- Only updates on Windows.
- You may see white dots on the screen after a few months of use.
FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Live Data Scanner with Full OBD2 Service Modes is perfect for DIYers and car owners, but it may not support BMW cars.Check Price at Amazon
4. FIXD Bluetooth OBD2 Scan Tool For iPhone And Android
This OBD2 live data scanner offers the feasibility of checking live data on the go. One of its highlights is the ability to get cost estimates for the required fixes.
Live Data: It can study several parameters, including engine RPM, air flow, coolant temp, and fuel pressure.
You will have no problem comprehending data as it shows information in a graphical form.
Basic Features: Freeze frame, diagnostic reports, CEL, mileage detection are some of the most popular features this scanner provides.
Advanced Features: It offers advanced features such as ABS, SRS, and transmission for some brands, including Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota. and Nissan.
Tracking: The tool helps you keep track of vehicle repairs, past codes, battery life, wipers, and tire tread.
It supports all gas powered 1996 and later vehicles. Plus, you can use smartphones running the latest Android or iOS versions to control it.
- One app can link to multiple devices.
- Diagnoses catalytic problems in the car.
- Automatically connects when Bluetooth is on.
- Small in size and doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- Maintains schedules and alerts for oil changes.
- Short Bluetooth range.
- Does not support diesel cars.
FIXD OBD-II Active Car Health Monitor And OBD2 Live Data Scan Tool is perfect for all kinds of users, including professionals. It’s quite affordable and also easy to use.Check Price at Amazon
5. Innova 3040e OBD2 Code Reader With ABS, Live Data
Innova 3040e offers some great features. You will find no problem in troubleshooting problems due to its capabilities.
Live Data: This live data scanner will let you see live volts, O2 sensor data, downstream/upstream sensor, catalytic converter issues, and other live sensors as well.
This is among the best OBD2 live data scanners and can help you save time and money.
All the data is displayed in a graphical form, which makes it easier to understand complex information.
Advanced Features: It can read ABS and oil reset light, but these features may only be available in selected brands such as Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, GM, and Ford.
Innova 3040e covers a wide range of 1996 and newer cars, including several foreign models. Moreover, it also supports a variety of hybrid, SUVs, and light trucks,
The device is quick to form connections and is also very easy to update. Just connect it to the computer and download/install updates to the devices.
- The built-in code library makes it easier to solve problems.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Lifetime free software updates through NT Wonder without needing registration.
- Remembers vehicle information.
- Fast diagnosis.
- Short cord – less than 2 feet.
Innova 3040e OBDII Live Data Code Reader with ABS Diagnostic and Oil Reset is suitable for DIYers, beginners, and car enthusiasts. Its short cord can be a bit of trouble, but the quickness is a good plus.Check Price at Amazon
6. ANCEL AD410 Check Engine Light Scanner
If you are looking for an OBD2 scanner that can read live data from the ECU and various sensors, then bring home the ANCEL AD410 tool.
It offers many amazing features and has a large TFT color screen for high readability.
Live Data: With ANCEL AD410, you can check engine coolant temp, O2 sensor readings, leak test, EVAP tests, live monitoring of sensors, etc.
Basic Functions: It offers the most basic features such as I/M test, freeze frame data, smog test, pending codes functions, etc.
DTC Lookup: This feature ensures you have no difficulty in solving the problem. Each code is neatly explained, making it easier for beginners to use the device. Plus, the company releases regular DTC updates.
It supports all 1996 and newer OBD2 compliant vehicles. Moreover, all five major OBD2 protocols are also supported.
- Allows you to send feedback to the company.
- You can print diagnostic reports.
- Charges directly from the OBD2 connector.
- 1-year warranty and lifetime free updates.
- Offers excellent sped thanks to n STM 32 bit CPU.
- Customer support is not good.
- Durability issues.
The ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBDII Check Engine Scan Tool with Live Data is considered the best OBD2 live data scanner. It works well but may not be suitable for pros as it’s a wired device.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
These are the five best OBD2 live data scanners on the market. They can help you keep your car durable by allowing you to keep an eye on different systems.
Make sure to pick a diagnostic tool that works the best for you.