An Audi scan tool is an electronic device made to establish an interface between diagnosing and re-programming Audi’s control modules. The best Audi code reader should be able to give you great compatibility and functionality at an affordable price.
In this review, we are going to cover the 7 best Audi scanners that you can equip yourself with today. But first, let’s see what the editor recommends today.
Editor’s Top 3 of Audi Scan Tool
|Editor's Pick||Also Great||Best Affordable|
4.2 / 5
3.8 / 5
4.2 / 5
|Product Dimensions||8.8" x 3.9" x 1.4"||7.9" x 1.5" x 3.9"||2.8" x 2.8" x 1.6"|
|ABS, Airbag Diagnostics||✔||✔||✔|
|Oil Service Reset||✔||✔||✔|
|Full System Diagnostics||--||✔||--|
|DPF Regeneration, SAS Calibration, TPMS Programming||--||✔||--|
Table of Contents
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 of Audi Scan Tool
- 2 Best Audi Scan Tool
- 2.1 1. Xtool Vag401 Audi Scan Tool – Editor’s Pick
- 2.2 2. FOXWELL NT510 Full–System Diagnostic Tool for Audi
- 2.3 3. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Audi Scanner
- 2.4 4. Autophix V007 Audi Scanner with SRS, ABS, and AT
- 2.5 5. Foseal WIFI OBDII Bluetooth Audi Scan Tool
- 2.6 6. Memoscan U281 Audi Scan Tool with ABS SRS
- 2.7 7. iCarsoft i908 Audi Scan Tool with ABS, SRS, AT
- 3 The Bottom Line
Best Audi Scan Tool
1. Xtool Vag401 Audi Scan Tool – Editor’s Pick
Xtool Vag401 is a scan tool which can help you clear troubling issues and helps in clearing DTCs.
The Audi diagnostic device supports all OBD2 protocols and CANBUS among others. It offers a quick display of many vehicle errors on the dashboard.
This scan tool offers the best diagnostic solution for Skoda, Audi, and VW and Seat vehicles.
- Helps you view live data and offers actuation tests.
- It retrieves controller information.
- Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes.
- Offers basic system adjustments.
- Easy to use.
- For all EOBD and OBD2 protocol vehicles.
- A standalone device
- A portable handheld device.
- The internal processor may take long to load.
Xtool VAG401 is ideal for small garage owners and vehicle enthusiasts of Audi vehicles.Check Price at Amazon
2. FOXWELL NT510 Full–System Diagnostic Tool for Audi
Foxwell NT510 is one of the most multifunctional scanners for everyone who owns an Audi and other cars by different makes. This diagnostic scanner offers an OE-level diagnosis on all electronic systems.
It offers basic functions, full system diagnostics like check engine light reset, abs, airbag, transmission diagnostics, throttle body adjustments, oil service light reset among others. This Audi scan tool is also capable of performing other advanced functions like adaptation and actuation.
- Offers live data graphing.
- Can be upgraded to cover other car models.
- Multi-language interface and codes ideal for an international market.
- Ergonomic design for using on-road tests and garages.
- Offers graph merges for easy and intuitive diagnosis.
- Has a TF memory card for software update and data backup.
- Reads and clears diagnostic error codes.
- Multi-language interface, making it ideal for the international marketplace.
- Rugged build and ergonomic design for road tests and for shop use.
- Upgradable to cover other car models.
- Helps in retrieving ECU information.
- This Audi scan tool does not work on Mercedes Benz vehicle models.
Foxwell NT510 Audi scan tool is ideal for enthusiasts, Audi owners, novice and Audi professional mechanics.Check Price at Amazon
3. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Audi Scanner
Carista is a customized OBD2 Bluetooth scanner which helps you gain full control of the electronics in your vehicle. Using the Carista app and Caritas OBD2 adapter, you can configure your Audi vehicle’s settings.
This scanner can save you money by doing brand-specific vehicle diagnosis by yourself. You can check and reset OBD2 fault codes in the ECU of your vehicle.
You can also self-service your Audi using this scanner since it provides you with e-tools which you can use to service your vehicle.
- Free basic features – This Audi scan tool comes with free basic features for OBD2 code reading and settings for almost all cars built after 1996.
- The adapter uses Bluetooth – It uses Bluetooth on both iOS and Android devices. This is guaranteed to work on Caritas OBD2 app.
- Uses adapter and app-level technology – It diagnoses, services and customizes your vehicle using a dealer level technology.
- Compatibility – Caritas OBD2 is compatible with Caritas OBD2 app on both Android and iOS device. It’s also compatible with all ELM 327 apps on Windows/Android and Mac that use Bluetooth connectivity.
- Advanced paid features – A free one month trial for adapter purchase which enables you to customize vehicle settings and do specific manufacturer diagnostics.
- Offers Bluetooth connectivity.
- Gives you full OBD2 support.
- Comes with repair guides free of charge.
- A companion app for both iOS and Android devices.
- Some users find this Audi scan tool a bit costly.
Carista is ideal for DIY enthusiasts and almost everyone who owns an Audi car.Check Price at Amazon
4. Autophix V007 Audi Scanner with SRS, ABS, and AT
Autophix V007 is among the cost-effective scanners perfect for DIY lovers, garage, and Audi car owners.
Apart from offering basic functions like reading and clearing engine trouble codes, it is also capable of providing you with advanced service functions such as diagnosing the SRS, ABS, transmission, instruments, immobilizer, radio, climate control, etc. This scanner also lets you access the most commonly needed services like oil service light reset, DPF regeneration among others.
- Shows live sensor data in graph and text format.
- Capable of actuating components, running system tests, and programming control modules.
- A hand-held Audi scan tool which offers comprehensive coverage for a single car manufacturer.
- Supports multi-language.
- Offers compatibility with a wide variety of car models.
- Provides a wide compatibility with almost all car models, making this Audi scan tool ideal for individuals with more than one car.
- An easy to use interface – It is simple enough even for novices.
- It’s a standalone device- You do not need an additional computer to operate this device.
- Compact size – This is a hand-held device which makes it portable.
- A few users might find this device a bit expensive.
Autophix V007 is an excellent scan tool that is ideal for any DIY lovers who work much on Audi vehicles.Check Price at Amazon
5. Foseal WIFI OBDII Bluetooth Audi Scan Tool
Foseal scanner works on all vehicles which are OBD2 compliant using a valid 16 DLC data link connector, a Wi-Fi connection, and an Android or iOS device.
This is an Audi scan tool which works over Wi-Fi. This makes it possible to use Android or iOS devices to read and diagnose and also clear OBD2 error codes. This scanner is compatible with almost all OBD2 protocols.
- The Foseal scanner reads and clears error codes.
- Upgraded components of this scanner can offer high stability and reset engine check light.
- Compatible with all OBD2 protocol vehicles.
- Capable of tracking the effect of engine adjustment in real-time. You can even use this Audi scan tool while driving.
- This is a device which can scan and read specific fault codes including the most common fault codes.
- Apart from showing error codes, the device also shows the meaning of those error codes on your Android or iOS device using a database definition code.
- Offers current sensor data display for full system diagnosis.
- This Audi scan tool is quite affordable.
- Offers fast data transfers to your phone using Wi-Fi.
- Compatible with all OBD2 protocol based vehicles.
- The device reads and clears codes.
- Can support third-party apps on your Android or iOS device which are also easy to install.
- Lacks a battery saver mode.
Any DIY lovers with more than one car find Foseal helpful when it comes to vehicle diagnosis.Check Price at Amazon
6. Memoscan U281 Audi Scan Tool with ABS SRS
Memoscan U281 can read and clear multiple error codes, generic and specific manufacturer specific codes. This scanner supports CAN and other current OBD2 protocols.
This is a standalone scanning tool which does not need an additional computer to function. It also has an easy to read back-lit LCD display. Clears and reads error codes.
- Easy to read back-lit LCD – The display of this Audi scan tool is crystal clear, which makes it easy to read since it’s also backlit.
- Capable of reading and erasing engine DTCs, Airbag, ABS and automatic transmissions.
- Performs continuous DTC scans and turns off engine check light.
- It’s a stand-alone unit which does not need an additional computer in order to function.
- Does not require a battery to power it since it comes with a detached OBD2 cable to power it.
- Compatible with all vehicles built after 1996 and OBD2 compliant Asian, European and US vehicles.
- Capable of retrieving VIN on 2002 and newer car models which support mode 9.
- Does not require a battery since it is powered by OBD2 cable.
- Comes with a crystal clear, backlit LCD display
- Compatible with Asian, European and US car models.
- Reads and clears error codes.
- Supports CAN and other current OBD 2 protocols.
- Does not support multi-language.
This Audi scanner is built mainly for DIY lovers and Audi car owners who want to fix car problems related to the engine, ABS, airbag, and transmission systems.Check Price at Amazon
7. iCarsoft i908 Audi Scan Tool with ABS, SRS, AT
iCarsoft i908 is a professional Audi scan tool developed especially for diagnosing all systems of your car. It has a colorful TFT screen with unique diagnostic software. This scanner provides you with a full system diagnosis which is also a powerful DIY device.
- It offers a full-system diagnosis.
- An Audi scan tool with the fastest full-color LCD display.
- It has a multi-language interface.
- Helps you read live data stream.
- Reads and clears DTCs.
- An Audi scan tool which is easy to use.
- Offers you free expert advice from engineers in the UK.
- Multi-lingual interface and DTC definitions.
- Offers full system coverage.
- A colorful 2.8” screen LCD display.
- Update needed before use.
The Bottom Line
If you are a car owner, a novice mechanic, a garage owner or a professional auto mechanic, you will definitely need an Audi scan tool.
The device you settle for should be able to offer you the best compatibility and functionality, and also be cost-effective and have an easy to use interface.
Read More: Best OBD2 Ford Scan Tools Review