Are you owning an Audi/VW car and struggling with some vehicle problems? You’re SUPER lucky that you’ve landed in the right page.
A diagnostic interface specifically built for any Audi or VAG’s cars is called an Audi/VW scan tool. It works well to give you the right benefit and excellent experiences at an affordable price more than a general scanner.
We’ve spent hundreds of hours testing, experiencing, and comparing tens of scanners that are claimed by the manufacturers “built for VAG’s vehicles” in this review.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best OBD2 Scanners for Audi/VW Review
- 1.1 1. ANCEL VD500 OBD2 Diagnostic Tool
- 1.2 2. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter
- 1.3 3. XTOOL V401 Diagnostic Tool
- 1.4 4. FOXWELL NT510 Full System Scan Tool
- 1.5 5. AUTOPHIX V007 OBD2 Code Reader
- 1.6 6. iCarsoft i908 OBD2 Multi-System Scanner
- 1.7 7. Foseal WIFI OBDII Bluetooth Adapter
- 1.8 8. Memoscan U281 Code Reader
- 2 The Bottom Line
Best OBD2 Scanners for Audi/VW Review
|Editor's Picks||Product||Our Rating|
|Best Overall||ANCEL VD500||9.5/10|
|Runner Up||XTOOL V401||9.5/10|
|Best Budget Buy||Carista||8.5/10|
|Best Value||AUTOPHIX V007||8.5/10|
|Also Great||iCarsoft i908||7.5/10|
1. ANCEL VD500 OBD2 Diagnostic Tool
If you’re looking for a powerful scanner for your VW or Audi that can offer many basic and advanced features, then Ancel VD500 can be a good choice.
It can read codes from the ABS, SRS, Transmission, and Engine.
- ABS: The scanner can read ABS light and pass a trouble code with the meaning so that you can determine the issue in the anti-brake system.
- SRS: You will be able to find faults in the airbag system of your VW.
- SAS: It reads SAS related trouble codes and helps adjust the steering angle sensor.
- TPMS: The scanner supports TPMS codes and can help monitor tire pressure in the vehicle.
- IMMO: It can read IMMO codes to ensure your car remains safe and protected.
- Oil Reset And Throttle Position Adapter: It can read, clear oil reset light, and help adjust the throttle position (poor performance, engine misfires, etc.).
- EPB: It can read codes related to the electronic parking brake system.
Note: These advanced features will only work in a few brands, including Volkswagen.
This scan tool works with all 1996 and newer models of VW. The scanner also supports many other brands such as Sharan, Rabbit, Polo, and Jetta.
- Very easy to use.
- Lifetime free updates.
- 1-year warranty.
- Excellent customer support.
ANCEL VD500 is designed for VW/Audi DIYers, enthusiasts, and professionals. The tool is easy to use and quick to show results.Check Price at Amazon
2. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter
Carista is a customized OBD2 Bluetooth scanner that helps you gain full control of your vehicle’s electronics. Using the Carista app and Caritas OBD2 adapter, you can configure your Audi vehicle’s settings.
You can also self-service your Audi using this scanner since it provides you with e-tools, which you can use to service your vehicle.
- Free basic features – This Audi scan tool comes with free basic features for OBD2 code reading and settings for almost all cars built after 1996.
- The adapter uses Bluetooth – It uses Bluetooth on both iOS and Android devices. This is guaranteed to work on the Caritas OBD2 app.
- Uses adapter and app-level technology – It diagnoses, services, and customizes your vehicle using a dealer level technology.
- Compatibility – Caritas OBD2 is compatible with the Caritas OBD2 app on both Android and iOS devices. It’s also compatible with all ELM 327 apps on Windows/Android and Mac that use Bluetooth connectivity.
- Advanced paid features – A free one month trial for adapter purchase, enabling you to customize vehicle settings and do specific manufacturer diagnostics.
- Offers Bluetooth connectivity.
- Gives you full OBD2 support.
- Comes with repair guides free of charge.
- A companion app for both iOS and Android devices.
- Some users find this Audi scan tool a bit costly.
Carista is ideal for DIY enthusiasts and almost everyone who owns an Audi car.Check Price at Amazon
3. XTOOL V401 Diagnostic Tool
Xtool V401 is a scan tool that can help you clear troubling issues and helps in clearing DTCs.
The Audi diagnostic device supports all OBD2 protocols and CANBUS, among others. It offers a quick display of many vehicle errors on the dashboard.
This scan tool offers the best diagnostic solution for Skoda, Audi, and VW and Seat vehicles.
- Helps you view live data and offers actuation tests.
- It retrieves controller information.
- Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes.
- Offers basic system adjustments.
- Easy to use.
- For all EOBD and OBD2 protocol vehicles.
- A standalone device
- A portable handheld device.
- The internal processor may take a long time to load.
Xtool V401 is ideal for small garage owners and vehicle enthusiasts of Audi vehicles.Check Price at Amazon
4. FOXWELL NT510 Full System Scan Tool
Foxwell NT510 is one of the most multifunctional scanners for everyone who owns an Audi and other cars of different makes. This diagnostic scanner offers an OE-level diagnosis on all electronic systems.
It offers basic functions, full system diagnostics like check engine light reset, abs, airbag, transmission diagnostics, throttle body adjustments, oil service light reset, etc. This Audi scan tool is also capable of performing other advanced functions like adaptation and actuation.
- Offers live data graphing.
- Can be upgraded to cover other car models.
- Multi-language interface and codes ideal for an international market.
- Ergonomic design for using on-road tests and garages.
- Offers graph merges for easy and intuitive diagnosis.
- Has a TF memory card for software update and data backup.
- Reads and clears diagnostic error codes.
- Multi-language interface, making it ideal for the international marketplace.
- Rugged build and ergonomic design for road tests and for shop use.
- Upgradable to cover other car models.
- Helps in retrieving ECU information.
- This Audi scan tool does not work on Mercedes Benz vehicle models.
Foxwell NT510 Audi scan tool is ideal for enthusiasts, Audi owners, novice, and Audi professional mechanics.Check Price at Amazon
5. AUTOPHIX V007 OBD2 Code Reader
Autophix V007 is among the cost-effective scanners perfect for DIY lovers, garage, and Audi car owners.
Apart from offering basic functions like reading and clearing engine trouble codes, it can also provide you with advanced service functions such as diagnosing the SRS, ABS, transmission, instruments, immobilizer, radio, climate control, etc. This scanner also lets you access the most commonly needed services like oil service light reset, DPF regeneration, among others.
- Shows live sensor data in graph and text format.
- Capable of actuating components, running system tests, and programming control modules.
- A handheld Audi scan tool that offers comprehensive coverage for a single car manufacturer.
- Supports multi-language.
- Offers compatibility with a wide variety of car models.
- Provides a broad compatibility with almost all car models, making this Audi scan tool ideal for individuals with more than one car.
- An easy to use interface – It is simple enough even for novices.
- It’s a standalone device- You do not need an additional computer to operate this device.
- Compact size – This is a hand-held device which makes it portable.
- A few users might find this device a bit expensive.
Autophix V007 is an excellent scan tool that is ideal for any DIY lovers who work much on Audi vehicles.Check Price at Amazon
6. iCarsoft i908 OBD2 Multi-System Scanner
iCarsoft i908 is a professional Audi scan tool developed especially for diagnosing all systems of your car. It has a colorful TFT screen with unique diagnostic software. This scanner provides you with a full system diagnosis, which is also a powerful DIY device.
- It offers a full-system diagnosis.
- Fastest full-color LCD display.
- It has a multi-language interface.
- Helps you read live data stream.
- Reads and clears DTCs.
- Easy to use.
- Offers you free expert advice from engineers in the UK.
- Multilingual interface and DTC definitions.
- Offers full system coverage.
- A colorful 2.8” screen LCD display.
- Update needed before use.
7. Foseal WIFI OBDII Bluetooth Adapter
Foseal scanner works on all vehicles which are OBD2 compliant using a valid 16 DLC data link connector, a Wi-Fi connection, and an Android or iOS device.
This is an Audi scan tool that works over Wi-Fi. This makes it possible to use Android or iOS devices to read, diagnose, and clear OBD2 error codes. This scanner is compatible with almost all OBD2 protocols.
- The Foseal scanner reads and clears error codes.
- Upgraded components of this scanner can offer high stability and reset engine check light.
- Compatible with all OBD2 protocol vehicles.
- Capable of tracking the effect of engine adjustment in real-time. You can even use this Audi scan tool while driving.
- This device can scan and read specific fault codes, including the most common fault codes.
- Apart from showing error codes, the device also shows the meaning of those error codes on your Android or iOS device using a database definition code.
- Offers current sensor data display for full system diagnosis.
- This Audi scan tool is quite affordable.
- Offers fast data transfers to your phone using Wi-Fi.
- Compatible with all OBD2 protocol based vehicles.
- The device reads and clears codes.
- Can support third-party apps on your Android or iOS device which are also easy to install.
- Lacks a battery saver mode.
Any DIY lovers with more than one car find Foseal helpful when it comes to vehicle diagnosis.Check Price at Amazon
8. Memoscan U281 Code Reader
Memoscan U281 can read and clear multiple error codes, generic and specific manufacturer specific codes. This scanner supports CAN and other current OBD2 protocols.
This is a standalone scanning tool that does not need an additional computer to function. It also has an easy to read backlit LCD display. Clears and reads error codes.
- Easy to read backlit LCD – The display of this Audi scan tool is crystal clear, making it easy to read since it’s also backlit.
- Capable of reading and erasing engine DTCs, Airbag, ABS, and automatic transmissions.
- Performs continuous DTC scans and turns off engine check light.
- It’s a standalone unit that does not need an additional computer to function.
- Does not require a battery to power it since it comes with a detached OBD2 cable to power it.
- Compatible with all vehicles built after 1996 and OBD2 compliant Asian, European, and US vehicles.
- Capable of retrieving VIN on 2002 and newer car models that support mode 9.
- Does not require a battery since it is powered by OBD2 cable.
- Comes with a crystal clear, backlit LCD display
- Compatible with Asian, European and US car models.
- Reads and clears error codes.
- Supports CAN and other current OBD 2 protocols.
- Does not support multi-language.
This Audi scanner is built mainly for DIY lovers and Audi car owners who want to fix car problems related to the engine, ABS, airbag, and transmission systems.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
So that’s it for my review to the best Audi/VW scan tool in 2021.
Now I’d like to hear your choice. Note that the device you settle for should be able to offer you the best compatibility and functionality, and also be cost-effective.
Let me know by leaving a comment below right now. I am curious about your thoughts.
Read More: Best OBD2 Ford Scan Tools 2021 [Review]