The OBDLink SX Scan tool can quickly turn your PC or tablet into a handy diagnostics device in just a few simple steps. You can get real-time engine data and statistics on the go on any car you may wish to run a diagnostics check on.
Table of Contents
Detailed Review of OBDLink SX
The OBDLink SX Scan tool offers the user a sophisticated yet easy to use diagnostics system to use on the go. It is compatible with all cars manufactured in the year 1996 or later sold in the US. This, however, exempts hybrid vehicles.
It also supports EOBD, JOBD and other cars with OBD-II support. Once in possession of the OBDLink SX Scan tool, all you then need is a windows OS device equipped with a USB port and you are ready to go. The process is easy to set up and get started with.
As a purely external device, the OBDLink SX Scan tool connects your tablet or laptop directly to your car. You can at this point instantly start viewing the diagnostics of the analysis from your device’s display.
As such, the display performance of the device is purely limited to your tablets or laptops capabilities.
OBDLink SX Scan tool offers a simple yet sophisticated diagnostics system. You can easily install the system on your laptop or tablet and start accessing its features at any time you want.
The software allows you to perform a number of exclusive tasks including access to graphs, logs, as well as real-time data. Since all of this can be done from the comfort of your windows device, you can take screenshots of the statistics that you may wish to have a look at later.
Features and Functionality
OBDLink SX Scan tool surpasses all other diagnostics tools in the market at this time owing to its features and capabilities when it comes to functionality.
- Fast diagnostics information- The software offers the user the fastest real-time analysis data. It has been ranked as the fastest analysis tool in the market at this time.
- Intelligent sleep mode- It hosts intelligent sleep mode capabilities and third-party software support that might come in handy in getting the most out of the tool.
- Read and erase trouble codes- the software allows the user to easily read and erase trouble comes.
- Online links- the OBDLink SX Scan tool suggests useful online links that may aid in fixing of errors that may come up in diagnostics.
- Freeze frame– you can take screenshots directly from the software for storage and retrieval later.
- Turn off check engine light– this is a useful tool when it comes to managing the irritating check engine light.
- Fast– the OBDLink SX Scan tool is currently the fastest diagnostic tool on the market. It can deliver more data samples than any other similar device ever manufactured.
- Small and handy– being a connector tool, the OBDLink SX Scan tool is small and handy for both personal and market use.
- High-end software– the OBDLink SX Scan tool offers sophisticated software that guarantees efficiency in the display of diagnostics as well as proper detail. Being updated on a frequent basis serves as an advantage to the overall benefit of the product’s software.
- Easy to install and use– the software is easy to install and start using on your windows device. The user can at any point learn to efficiently manage all aspects of the software’s performance to best suit their wants. Connection to the gadget itself is also just as simple and quick
- Lacks display- the lack of display on the device may be a limitation especially in cases where you may not have your laptop or tablet nearby.
- Needs windows device- The OBDLink SX Scan tool software works on Windows devices only. As such, the user has to own a windows tablet or laptop computer to use the gadget efficiently. This may come as a limitation to users who favor other companies such as Apple devices.
- USB support- the OBDLink SX Scan tool needs USB support to work. This means that the user has to have a tablet with USB support or else cannot access the device’s functionality.
Compared to other OBD-II devices on the market, these three cons may come as a major disadvantage over its competitors.
OBDLink SX vs OBDLink LX vs OBDLink MX Comparison Chart
ScanTool OBDLink SX USB
OBDLink LX Bluetooth
ScanTool OBDLink MX Bluetooth
4 / 5
4.1 / 5
4.1 / 5
|Weight||3.2 ounces||1.12 ounces||1.12 ounces|
|Dimensions||3.5 x 0.9 x 1.8 inches||1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches||1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches|
|OS||Windows, Android 3.1+||Windows, Android||Windows, Android|
|All OBDII Protocols Support||✔||✔||✔|
|Support Ford (MS-CAN)||--||--||✔|
|Bluetooth 3.0 interface||USB||✔||✔|
|Full OBDII Modes||--||✔||✔|
|Turn off CEL||✔||✔||✔|
|Read & Clear DTCs||✔||✔||✔|
|Freeze frame Data||✔||✔||✔|
|ABS, SRS Diagnosis||--||--||✔|
|Bottom Line||Beginners who want to know their way around their car best suit OBDLink SX.||Useful and well worth the money. Highly recommend for ordinary car drivers||Highly recommend for regular car drivers and DIYers.|
This tool is easy to use and manage on the go. Its price is low enough to be afforded for personal use.
As such, beginners who want to know their way around their car best suit it. This may also greatly help them in attempts of fixing their cars minor issues.
The Bottom line
When purchasing a diagnostics tool for personal use, it is important that you consider a number of factors. Your price range, what you plan to use the product for, and what other options you have in comparison to similar products.
As such, the OBDLink SX Scan tool has proven to be an outstanding choice for both pricing and usability. It is a recommended choice for all beginners and intermediate level users.
A video about OBDLink SX Scan tool:
Read more: Best OBDLink Scan Tools Honest Review 2019