Deciding to invest in an effective car battery tester is always a wise move as you never know when your battery will fail.
A good load tester for car battery displays results in less than 2 seconds and will help you check your battery’s health status. You will be able to tell if you are dealing with a low or a defective battery in seconds.
However, there are many battery testers in the market, and picking the best one may be a daunting process.
This review is aimed at helping you out.
Check it out NOW!!
Best Car Battery Tester
|Editor's Picks||Product||Our Rating|
|Best Overall||Schumacher BT100||9.5/10|
|Runner Up||TT TOPDON AB101||9.5/10|
|Best Budget Buy||ANCEL BA101||8.5/10|
|Best Value||ANCEL BST500||8.5/10|
|Also Great||FOXWELL BT100 Pro||7.5/10|
1. Schumacher BT100 Automotive Battery Tester
When you need to test how badly damaged your battery is, you can use BT-100, one of the best Schumacher Battery Testers.
This auto battery tester can test battery condition, test loads, starter motor draw, and avail a complete diagnosis of the charging system.
Schumacher BT100 can support 100 Amps load tests on your 12-volt batteries and 50 Amps load test for 6-volt batteries.
You will notice that it has a shock-resistant meter that is well housed in a rugged and sturdy steel case.
The Schumacher BT100 car battery tester also has super-grip battery clamps and a top mounted switch that significantly increase ease of use.
The downside is that it’s a bit heavier than most of the comparable units.
If you have an appliance that uses 8 to 16 Volt batteries, you can use Schumacher BT100 to evaluate the battery’s health status.
This auto battery tester also supports a number of battery standards that include SAE, EN, IEC, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Schumacher BT100 is easy to use
- Can accurately test a battery
- Supports complete charging diagnosis
- Can directly test a battery without the need to disable
- This auto battery tester tends to overheat
- May discharge smoke when you first connect
Schumacher BT100 is built for average car owners who are looking to test their bad car batteries.Check Price at Amazon
2. ANCEL BA101 Load Battery Tester
If you are looking for an excellent 12V battery load tester, then check out ANCEL BA101.
You will find that it can directly detect faults in the battery without disabling it.
The battery checker also allows you to test the cranking power, voltage, and battery age.
The best part of this auto battery tester is that it can precisely and accurately display the test results.
Besides, it covers a wide range of battery ratings from 100 to 2000 CCA.
You can obtain plenty of results, including load voltage, ripple status, unload voltage, and the status of the charging system.
The downside of the auto battery tester is that it has a short cable. Also, the MCA and CA were programmed wrongly as it shows varying results, yet it is designated for the same test.
Designed for 12V batteries, this car battery tester can test flooded, MF, SMF, AGM, and GEL battery types. It also supports the major battery standards that include GB, SAE, EN, IEC, DIN, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Ancel BA101 can perform safe passive battery tests
- Display in-depth battery analysis
- Has print function
- Large LCD to enhance readability
- Does not drain the battery
- Requires the battery’s amp-hours (AH) before testing
Ancel BA101 car battery tester is built for DIY and technicians who would want to establish the health status of a battery.Check Price at Amazon
3. TT TOPDON AB101 Digital Car Battery Tester
This TOPDON battery checker uses conductance measurement technology designed for 8V to 16V cars and light trucks.
It can accurately test battery health status, cranking power, and voltage.
You will be able to perform charging and cranking tests on lead-acid batteries, spiral plate, gel, and AGM flat plate batteries of 8V to 16 V light truck and passenger cars using this battery tester.
It is also fitted with polarity reverse-connection protection meant to protect your battery while testing.
This auto battery tester allows you to directly test batteries with low charge or when they are removed from a vehicle.
TT TOPDON AB101 is compatible with the 8-16DC battery test. Also, you can test AGM flat plate, regularly flooded, gel and deep cycle, AGM spiral batteries.
- This TOPDON auto battery tester is really easy to use
- Competitively priced
- Designed to protect your battery while testing
- Has a wide test range
- Durable and has an ergonomic design
- TT TOPDON AB101 may overheat when you hold the test button for more than 10 seconds
- Can display varying results in tests performed minutes apart
- Only limited to testing 8 to 16 volts batteries
This TOPDON car battery tester is appropriate for DIY and any individual who wants to establish their battery’s health status.Check Price at Amazon
4. ANCEL BST500 12V/24V 100-2000 CCA Automotive Battery Tester
ANCEL BST500 is a high-quality battery load tester that can accurately test 12V and 24V batteries rating from 100 to 2000 CCA. This tester can display the battery status in 2.5 seconds, advising you if the battery is low or fully charged.
The Ancel BST500 battery checker also tells you if the battery needs to be replaced or charged. This is because it can detect and indicate if the battery has effective cells.
You will notice that this small battery tester can accurately display the charging and the starting system performance.
ANCEL BST500 has super compatibility. It can effectively support 12v and 24v batteries of automotive, motorcycles, and marine.
The battery tester is compatible with AGM flat plate, regular flooded, gel, and deep cycle, AGM spiral batteries. It also covers all battery rating standards that include GB, SAE, EN, IEC, DIN, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Ancel BST500 is fast and incredibly accurate
- Easy to use
- Has a wide compatibility
- You do not have to remove the battery in order to test
- This battery tester can overheat if you hold the test button for long
- Sometimes fails to feed the paper correctly when printing
- May display wrongly spelled words on the screen
Ancel BST500 is built for average car owners who want to find out their car battery status.Check Price at Amazon
5. FOXWELL BT100 Pro 12V 100-1100 CCA Car Battery Tester
The Foxwell BT100 battery analyzer is dedicated to testing and providing accurate results on gel, AGM spiral, AGM flat plate, and regular 12V batteries.
This automotive battery tester provides an easy, quick, and affordable test solution for professionals looking to check battery faults and health status. The small battery tester is incredibly fast as it can display results within 3 seconds.
Besides, it stands out as the best battery tester as it supports multiple vehicle applications that include light-duty trucks and passenger cars.
You will notice that this auto battery tester has ratings from 100 to 1100 CCA making it one of the best battery testers.
One notable disadvantage of this unit is that new tests will override the previous test results.
Foxwell BT100 is used to test 12V batteries. This auto battery tester also supports multiple rating systems that include SAE, EN, IEC, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Foxwell BT100 supports multiple languages
- Can functions well in extreme cold temperature
- Has a comprehensive battery coverage
- Can directly test batteries
- Does not heat, emit, lights or sparks hence safe to use
- Has a menu-driven operation
- You need to connect with a computer to print
Foxwell BT100 car battery tester is built for technicians and DIY guys who frequently work on different batteries.Check Price at Amazon
6. SOLAR BA327 20-2000 CCA Electronic Car Battery Tester
Solar BA327 is an effective car battery load tester that can effectively test 6v to 12v batteries. It is designed to test multiple batteries and accurately display their starting ratings. The test varies from 40 to 2000CCA, with an operating range of 1.5 to 30V.
Solar BA327 is one of the best battery testers with a built-in printer that uses a standard thermal paper to record the test results.
This Solar battery tester also has 10-foot cable leads, a comprehensive track of performed tests, and a warranty tracking code designed for every test performed.
The downside of this auto battery tester is that the cable is not detachable.
You will be spoilt for choice regarding different types of battery you can perform using this car battery tester.
The tester is compatible with 6V and 12V batteries.
It can also test AGM flat plate, regular flooded, gel and deep cycle, AGM spiral batteries.
- This car battery checker has a temperature compensation feature that prevents overheating
- Has a wide battery coverage
- Supports multiple languages
- Has a backlit screen to allow better viewing
- Covers a wide testing range
- Supports an integrated printer
- This battery analyzer fails to accurately display test results
This car battery load tester is user-friendly and definitely built for average car owners and DIY people.Check Price at Amazon
7. FOXWELL BT705 100-2000 CCA Battery Tester
If you are searching for the best battery tester, then check out FOXWELL BT705.
This auto battery tester can display decisions on cracking time, cracking voltage, and starter system in milliseconds. You will be able to tell within the shortest time possible if the starting motor is working correctly.
The Foxwell BT705 also allows you to check both the 12v and 24v charging system.
This is truly one of the best battery testers as it will tell you if the output voltage is within the normal range and the charging current is normal.
Besides, the auto battery tester will tell you if the rectifier diode is controlling currents as it should.
It also allows you to analyze your car battery health status. You can accurately calculate the cold cranking capability as well as the aging status of the battery.
This Foxwell automotive battery tester can accurately test AGM flat plate, regular flooded, gel, and AGM spiral.
It supports different rating systems that include GB, SAE, EN, IEC, DIN, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Foxwell BT705 can test 12V to 24V batteries
- Perform accurate tests
- Support battery health check
- Can accurately perform the starting and charging test
- The battery tester may fail to display correct reading.
Foxwell BT705 is the best battery tester built for average car owners looking to establish their car batteries’ health status.Check Price at Amazon
8. SOLAR BA7 100-1200 CCA Electronic Car Battery Tester
If you are looking to quickly assess the charging and starting system of different battery types, you need to have a Solar BA7 battery load tester.
The common batteries that you can assess using this load tester include gel, AGM, and lead-acid batteries.
It features an operating range of 7-15V and can effectively test batteries that are rated 100-1200CCA.
The best part about this battery load tester is that it provides numeric results and fail/pass results for charging and starting system tests.
Sola BA7 can work well on a wide range of batteries, including gel, AGM, and lead-acid batteries. This automotive battery tester is also compatible with SAE, EN, IEC, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- This battery tester is lightweight
- Easy to use
- Has a wide compatibility
- Has a reverse built-in compatibility to protect the battery
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- It is comparatively expensive
- A bit complicated
- Can overhead when you hold the test button for long
Solar BA7 car battery tester is suitable for DIY and technicians. It is effortless to use and provide accurate test results.Check Price at Amazon
9. JDiag FasCheck BT-200 Professional Car Load Battery Tester
JDiag BT200 battery analyzer will check both the health status of the alternator and that of the battery.
It will allow you to diagnose problems as well as perform usual checks effectively.
Besides, this battery checker is designed to tolerate high currents, and at the same time, clearly display results through a large LED display. It has a test time of approximately 5-10 seconds. You will realize that it comes with a test range of 8 to 16VDC.
Equally, the automotive battery tester supports different test modes that include the charging test, cranking test, standard test, and a quick test.
JDiag FasCheck BT-200 is designed to test 12V batteries. This battery analyzer also supports different battery standards that include SAE, EN, IEC, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Can test different types of batteries
- Easy to use
- It is incredibly affordable
- Has a large LCD screen to enhance the readability of test results
- It overheats
- Has a non-detachable cable
- It’s a bit slow
JDiag FasCheck BT-200 is a small battery tester designed for average persons who want to check their batteries’ battery status.Check Price at Amazon
10. FOXWELL BT780 Car Battery Tester
FOXWELL BT780 Battery Tester is a great DIY tool. It is applicable for all of the 12V and 24V batteries as well as charging systems.
The battery tester is equipped with a ripple and an advanced conductance test, which means that you will be able to check battery health status quickly.
Foxwell BT780 will help you detect faults of starting as well as the charging system. Besides, it has a thermal sensor that allows you to print battery test results on the go.
Foxwell BT780 is compatible with AGM flat plate, regularly flooded, gel and deep cycle, AGM spiral batteries. The battery checker also covers all battery rating standards that include GB, SAE, EN, IEC, DIN, JIS, MCA, CA, BCI, and CCA.
- Foxwell BT780 can test the start-stop on EFB and AGM batteries
- Easy to use
- Can easily check the voltage of the alternator
- Can perform analysis without turning off the ignition.
- Supports many languages
- Do not emit heat, emit light, or sparks
- The load tester can fail if not properly connected
- Should have a plug option
Foxwell BT780 automotive battery tester is appropriate for technicians and DIY who wants to test their batteries’ health status.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
Having a high-performing car battery tester will allow you to quickly diagnose if you are dealing with a defective battery or a battery with a low charge.
You will be able to tell if you need to charge your battery or replace it altogether.
When buying a battery load tester, always look for the best battery tester compatible with your battery.