Want to read honest reviews of Carly for the BMW OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter? Then you’ve landed on the right page.
First, let’s see how Carly for BMW competes against its competitors out there.
Table of Contents
Carly for BMW vs. Foxwell NT510 Elite for BMW vs. Carista
Carly Scanner Plus
FOXWELL NT510 Elite
|Product Dimensions||3" x 1.8" x 0.9"||7.9" x 1.5" x 3.9"||9.6" x 6.2" x 2.7"|
|Advanced service functions||8/10||8/10||5/10|
Carly for BMW overview
If you own a BMW, you know that the company will charge you a whopping amount of money to hook up your car.
This could potentially be expensive if you run diagnostic checks regularly. This is the niche that Carly for BMW sought to take advantage of.
The company created a special diagnostics app. The app can run a comprehensive diagnostics check on your car.
What’s more, you can easily code your car, using the app to your suitability. You could have autonomous control of some functions of your BMW by using the app.
For the app to run, you need to have an adapter. The adapters are made by the company and work well with the app.
Carly for BMW detailed review
Carly is compatible with a wide range of vehicles
Carly is made explicitly for any OBD2-compliant vehicle. The device works on most BMW models that were manufactured after the year 1994.
This particular adapter, however, only fully supports one specific group of BMWs.
For these particular supported models, all functions are entirely accessible once you unlock them. The models include:
- For BMW 1 series, the supported models are E81, E82, E87, E88.
- It Supports models: E90, E91, E92, E93 for BMW 3 series.
- For the BMW 5 series, the supported models are E60, E61, E63, E64.
- For the seven series, the supported models are the E65 and E66.
- The adapter is compatible with vehicles in the X series. These are X1, X3, X5, and X6, specifically the E84, E70, E71, E72 models.
- The BMW Z4 model E89.
- Mini’s above the model R56.
- All the F models.
The particular Carly for BMW adapter, however, is limited to Android phones. This means that if you have an iOS device, then you should not purchase this adapter.
The display, albeit functional, is a bit bland. It shows you all that you need to know about your car. However, it is not colorful or bright, just a dull orange color.
The question is, how much this appearance matters to the user of the application.
To a BMW owner who only cares about the app’s degree of functionality, this application is ideal for them.
But if you care more about the application’s appearance, then this app might put you off. Everything you need, though, is on the screen.
An excellent choice for BMW professional technicians
- Performance of diagnostics
- Enables coding
- Gauges the parameters
- Used car check
The software performs a comprehensive diagnostics check. Carly connected car for BMW conducts a thorough check of the electronics in your car.
It checks them to make sure they are performing at their optimum.
In addition to this, Carly for BMW informs you which electronics are likely to malfunction based on specific algorithms.
Perhaps the best feature of Carly for BMW. The application gives you a comprehensive capability to code.
Coding will not only help you to customize your car electronics to your suitability, but you can also change the code in about 100 different things.
Among the aspects you can change are the warning beep for not wearing seatbelts.
The first thing that most people do is change the coding for the side mirrors so that the side mirrors fold after you switch off the car.
As you get more familiar with the application, you begin to tweak more with your electronics.
You could even change the display to play your videos directly from a USB flash drive.
However, Carly for BMW makes the service cheaper for you.
The system analyzes all of the gauges in the engine just like an expert would. This gives you a clearer picture of how the electric parts of your engine are doing.
Used car check
It is essential that you thoroughly check any used car that you are buying.
The best way to do so is by bringing a certified mechanic to the transaction.
However, there are electrical lines that a mechanic could easily miss.
This is where the Carly for BMW comes in handy.
Carly for BMW performs a proper diagnostics check on any vehicle within the compatible models.
The check makes sure you do not get a bad deal on a second-hand car. In addition to this, Carly for BMW informs you of the actual state of the vehicle.
- Coding is relatively easy to understand.
- You can alter several electrical aspects of your car. Services could cost you a lot of money.
- Carly for BMW saves you the money you would have otherwise spent on diagnostic checks.
- Having the ability to diagnose your car at the convenience of your palm means you will perform the checks more regularly. The result is that you will be aware of any issues beforehand, and you can take corrective measures. The result is a healthier car.
- The app is limited to Android platforms only.
- The adapter only works with specific enlisted models.
- The app has several critical in-app purchases that could make the app expensive to run.
- The adapter of Carly for BMW is hard to remove because of the soft head.
Carly for BMW gives you the convenience of diagnostics checks at any time from the convenience of your phone.
The application, Carly for BMW, is designed for car enthusiasts. The application is specifically designed for BMW owners with android phones as it only works on the Android OS.
The owner should be versed in the various components of the car. So that when a particular warning comes on, they will understand what it means.