Choosing between Autel MK808, MK808BT, and MK808TS can be quite a puzzle. They all share the same hardware and software, making it a bit tricky.
But no worries, your needs and your budget will guide you to the perfect MK808 scanner.
This article is here to help speed up your search, so you can make a decision in no time.
Table of Contents
Autel MK808 vs. MK808BT vs. MK808TS: Full Comparison Table
|TPMS Sensors ID Relearn
|Complete TPMS functions
|OBD2 car/light truck
|Later FCA cars
|OBD2 car/light truck
|DESIGN & HARDWARE
|Yearly update fee
Autel MK808 vs. MK808BT vs. MK808TS: Key Differences
These three models are pretty much the same, both inside and out. But there are a few cool differences you might want to know about:
- Wireless Connection: MK808BT and MK808TS come with Bluetooth, so you can move around while you work. MK808 doesn’t have this feature.
- TPMS Functions: If you want full TPMS features, only the MK808TS has you covered. It does everything, even TPMS programming. The MK808 and MK808BT can only do TPMS sensor ID relearn.
- Update Costs: When it comes to updates, MK808 is the cheapest at $125/year, followed by MK808BT at $150/year. MK808TS is a bit pricier at $295/year.
So, here’s what you need to know:
If TPMS is your main concern, go for the Autel MK808TS.
For an affordable wireless option, Autel MK808BT is awesome. You can move around while scanning your car.
But if you want a reliable and budget-friendly bidirectional tool, the Autel MK808 is the one to choose.
Now, keep scrolling for a detailed comparison of their performance, design, and more.
Autel MK808 vs. MK808BT vs. MK808TS: Detailed Comparison Review
No matter which model you choose – MK808, MK808BT, or MK808TS – you’ll get below awesome capabilities:
- View real-time data,
- Scan all the modules in your car,
- Check if things like windows, mirrors, sunroof, and wipers are working well (active tests),
- Perform tons of useful service functions like Oil reset, Throttle reset, Key programming.
And here’s another cool thing: These scanners are really speedy! I think it’s because they’re built on a modern Android system (Android 11). That makes them much faster than older scanners in this price range.
With any MK808 scanner, you can easily see sensor IDs, put in new TPMS sensor IDs, and test sensors. No extra stuff is needed.
But if you’re all about TPMS, MK808TS is where it’s at. It’s the only one that can:
- Copy or create new IDs for about 98% of OEM sensors.
- Add TPMS for certain vehicles.
- Show TPMS info on the dashboard, so you can keep an eye on tire pressure super easily.
In another way, MK808TS contains all the functions of an advanced diagnostic scanner and a master TPMS tool but at an affordable cost. No need to purchase 2 costly devices separately.
Autel MK808, MK808BT and MK808TS support OBD2 vehicles. They’re pretty reliable and can even handle some international cars you might not know about.
Of course, you can always double-check the Vehicle Coverage before you buy. Just click on this link: https://www.autel.com/vehicle-coverage/coverage2. It’s always good to know what you’re getting into!
Design & Hardware
The only difference among the 3 scanners is how they connect.
MK808BT and MK808TS come with Bluetooth. This lets you work around 10 meters from your car – super cool for active tests without worrying about cable length.
MK808 is a bit different. It’s a wired scanner, but don’t worry, it has a cable that’s around 5 ft long. Perfect for comfy scanning from your passenger seat.
Now, here’s what they all have in common:
- 7” LCD screen – Large screen for a clear view of live data.
- Android 11 – Latest Android OS for super smooth experience
- 4G+64G – Large memory to store a bunch of data.
- 5,000 mAh – Good battery for long tasks, but not impressive.
In the end, the way Autel designed will make you feel like you’re getting a lot of value for your money.
All three scanners in the MK808 series come with a free 1-year update from when you register them.
Once that year is up, you can keep using all the functions without any worries.
But if you want to fix bugs, get new functions, or work on newer car models, you’ll need to buy a subscription.
Update fees are like this: MK808 is the budget option at $125/year, MK808BT is a bit higher at $150/year, and MK808TS costs $295/year.
Here’s a friendly rundown for you:
- If you’re looking for something affordable, go for Autel MK808.
- Need a wireless bidirectional scanner? Autel MK808BT is your pick.
- For full TPMS functions, including reprogramming, Autel MK808TS is the way to go.
Hope my review helps with your decision!