The VXDAS NT510 OBD2 scanner is a fully-featured hand-held diagnostic tool for the discerning home auto enthusiast. If you’re looking for the closest thing to a professional diagnostic tool in the price range, this is it. It gives you highly accurate readings on OBD2 diagnostic modes and a host of other features that will quickly make it the most useful tool in your garage.
If you’re wondering whether the VXDAS NT510 lives up to the hype, the short answer is yes. We’ll break it down feature by feature below to show you just what this impressive little device can do.
OBD2 functions of VXDAS NT510
The VXDAS NT510 OBD2 scanner is an advanced diagnostic tool that you can use to read any OBD2 data from your vehicle. It supports 40,000 different types of trouble codes. You’ll also get 30% more live stream data for more accurate diagnoses.
The NT510 fully supports all ten modes of the OBD2 system, including:
- Mode 1: The NT510 can read the live sensor data from your vehicle. It supports four parameters and allows you to record the data, as well. The ability to see data as either text or a graph makes it easier to interpret the readings.
- Mode 2: Read all stored raw freeze frame data from the point any DTCs were set.
- Mode 3: Read any emissions-related trouble codes in your computer system, including both generic and manufacturer-specific codes.
- Mode 4: Clear all DTCs and freeze frame data stored in your vehicle’s computer.
- Mode 5: Check the results of all oxygen sensor monitoring tests and read sensor values.
- Mode 6: The NT510 provides an advanced series of mode 6 test results, including misfire counts. You’ll get onboard monitoring for a variety of onboard systems, as well.
- Mode 7: Read all pending codes from the current or last completed drive cycle.
- Mode 8: This mode gives you bidirectional control of onboard systems and tests, which allows you to start a leak test on your EVAP system.
- Mode 9: Read the make, VIN code, year, and other valuable information about your vehicle.
- Mode 10: Access any trouble codes with a permanent status that wasn’t cleared by Mode 4.
VXDAS NT510’s advanced features and services
Along with the standard OBD2 test modes, the VXDAS NT510 has a ton of other diagnostic tools. It can perform important tests on other systems in your vehicle, too, including:
- Battery test. You can both check the voltage of your battery and evaluate its current status, which can tell you your car’s status both before and after ignition.
- DTC lookup. The NT510 has a built-in code library for looking up the OBD2 readings you’ve gotten in your scan. It’s comprehensive, too, with over 30,000 codes. That’s a huge time saver compared to searching on the internet.
- Advanced analysis. The NT510 performs engine analysis, core analysis, and fuel analysis. This gives you further insights into the performance and status of your vehicle.
Software and usability
The features aren’t the only professional-level aspect of this scanner. It uses an upgraded chip for more speed and smoother performance. Thanks to the clear, bright display, you can easily read and navigate the screen, even in bright sunlight.
If you’re looking for a user-friendly OBD2 scanner, the NT510 delivers. We liked the way the categories were laid out on the screen. It’s a highly visual interface that’s easy to navigate, even if you’re not a car expert.
The user guide that comes with the NT510 is very helpful, too. It walks you through all the features and how to use them correctly. This device won’t just help you diagnose your car. It’ll help you learn what all the codes and scans mean.Check Price at Amazon
Support and updates
Every VXDAS scanner comes with a 3-year warranty. If your scanner breaks, you’ll get a replacement, no questions asked.
You’ll also get free lifetime updates when you buy an NT510. Any new codes or software improvements will be yours for free, as long as you own the scanner.
Every car made after 1996 is required to provide OBD2 data. The VXDAS NT510 will read this data regardless of the make and model of your car.
The full features of the NT510 can be used by any compatible vehicle, including a variety of manufacturers from the United States, Europe, and Asia. Most popular brands are included, such as Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Mazda, Nissan, and many others. You can find the full list of compatible models in the user manual if you want to make sure yours is on there.
The NT510 is designed for use in home garages, not necessarily for professional applications. It has far more features than your typical home OBD2 scanner, however. This makes it a great choice for advanced hobbyists and DIY-ers.
As you can see from the compatible manufacturers above, you can use this scanner with pretty much any vehicle. With its durable build and lifetime updates, this is an OBD2 scan tool that will serve you well for any car you own.
- It offers a full range of pro-level OBD2 functions and data.
- It’s a smart, user-friendly design.
- The bright screen is easy to see even in sunlight.
- It includes over 40,000 codes with definitions.
- It provides the onboard battery voltage test and status check.
- It’s compatible with a wide range of vehicle makes and models.
- It offers free lifetime software updates.
- It’s not compatible with Apple systems.
- It cannot scan non-OBD2 systems (brakes, SRS system, etc.)
At just over $50, the VXDAS NT510 will likely pay for itself the first time you use it. Even if you don’t plan to make your own repairs, knowing what’s wrong before going to the shop will keep you from being cheated.
The intuitive layout and simple navigation of the VXDAS NT510 are easy for anyone to learn. For comprehensive home diagnoses, you just can’t beat the value of the NT510.
Read more: Honest Review of Foxwell NT510 BMW Scan Tool