A jump starter and air compressor combination can be an excellent tool for emergency preparedness. You can start a dead battery or refill low and flat tires with one handy device. The best jump starter with air compressor is one that’s portable, reliable, and can provide the power your battery needs.
If you’re in the market for a portable jump starter, check out the jump start with air compressor reviews below. One of them is sure to match your needs and budget.
Check the editor’s best picks below first.
Best Jump Starter With Air Compressor Comparison Chart
|Editor's Pick||Perfect for Professionals||Best affordable|
DeWalt DXAEJ14 1400
Schumacher SJ1332 1200
3.9 / 5
4.1 / 5
4.4 / 5
|Product Dimensions||11.2" x 8" x 13.5"||11.8" x 6" x 13"||14" x 13" x 13"|
|Item Weight||17.2 lbs||18.55 lbs||18.5 lbs|
|Amp hours||7 aH||21 aH||18 aH|
|Jumper cable length||42”||36”||24”|
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Jump Starter With Air Compressor Comparison Chart
- 2 10 Best Jump Starter With Air Compressor Reviews
- 2.1 1. Stanley J5C09 1000 With Compressor Jump Starter
- 2.2 2. DeWalt DXAEJ14 1400 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. Schumacher SJ1332 1200 Jump Starter And Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Rugged Geek RG1000 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. Potek 1500 Jump Starter with Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. Kinverch Portable Car Jump Starter
- 2.7 7. Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR 1700 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
- 2.8 8. DieHard 1150 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
- 2.9 9. Wagan EL7561 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
- 2.10 10. JF.EGWO Portable Battery Jump Starter With Air Compressor
- 3 Best Jump Starter With Air Compressor Buying Guide
- 4 How Do You Use A Jump Starter?
- 5 How Long Does A Jump Starter Last?
- 6 Final Thoughts
10 Best Jump Starter With Air Compressor Reviews
1. Stanley J5C09 1000 With Compressor Jump Starter
The safety features built into the Stanley J5C09 make it basically idiot-proof. An alarm will go off if you connect the clamps incorrectly, preventing damage to either the charger or the battery. The hefty bottom-heavy design prevents tip-overs during use. The heavy-duty metal clamps stay securely attached to the battery.
The Stanley jump box with air compressor doesn’t stop there. The rotating LED flashlight is very helpful for roadside repairs at night. Built-in USB and outlet chargers guarantee you’ll never be stranded with a dead phone again.
- Great value
- Long 3.5-foot jumper cables
- Rotating high-power LED light so you can work easily at night
- Powers electrical devices via USB or DC outlet
- Reverse polarity protection built in
- Includes ergonomic handle for easy carrying
- Needs to be re-charged once a month
- Charge indication lights not always accurate
2. DeWalt DXAEJ14 1400 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
DeWalt tools are built to last, and the DXAEJ14 1400 Jump Starter is no exception. It’s the best jump starter with air compressor if you want professional features and consistent reliability.
With 1,400 peak amps, the DeWalt 1400 Jump Starter with Air Compressor can jump anything from riding lawnmowers to diesel trucks. This makes it ideal for those who live in cold climates, since it will still jump your car when it’s below freezing out. The rugged outer casing prevents damage from jostling, so you can keep it in your trunk without a worry.
Unlike most jump starters, the DeWalt DXAEJ14 has a full digital display. This provides a more accurate reading of the remaining charge than light-based indicators. The addition of an alternator check function helps you diagnose problems if your battery won’t jump.
- High peak amps
- Great choice for use in extreme conditions
- Charges two devices simultaneously via USB
- Alternator check function diagnoses battery issues
- Auto stop on air compressor prevents over filling
- Detailed charging information available on digital display
- Doesn’t include cord for charging
- Air compressor is slow to inflate (15-20 minutes for car tire)
3. Schumacher SJ1332 1200 Jump Starter And Air Compressor
For permanent installation in garages and workshops, the Schumacher SJ1332 is the best jump starter with air compressor. While it’s not the most portable choice, it has the features a professional needs in a convenient package.
High Power And Pressure
The 1,200 peak amps the Schumacher SJ1332 provides enough jump starting power for larger vehicles, like diesel trucks and V8 cars. The air compressor is just as powerful, with 150psi of pressure. It inflates car tires, bike tires, or accessories quickly and efficiently.
The Schumacher SJ1332 excels as a power station. It charges devices through either USB or DC outlet. The digital display is a handy feature, as well. It shows the voltage of the battery being charged in addition to the remaining charge in the jump starter.
- Works with even V8 and diesel engines
- Dual USB ports and outlets
- Air compressor tube and jumper cables store easily on device
- Digital display shows vehicle battery voltage
- Multiple outlet and USB charging options
- Heavy and bulky
- Takes a while to charge devices
4. Rugged Geek RG1000 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
Want the best jump starter with air compressor that you can take anywhere? Rugged Geek has you covered with the RG1000, which has the best power to weight ratio you’ll find in a jump starter.
The RG1000 weighs less than 5 pounds (less than 1 pound, without the clamps). Its slim, rectangular design is easy to slip into a backpack for off-roaders and campers, too. The rubberized housing resists damage from drops or bumps for durable, reliable charging wherever you go.
It’s pretty impressive how many features the RG1000 offers considering its compact size. While there are no outlets, you can charge devices with dual USB ports, and there’s even a special charging port specifically for laptops. The 3-mode safety flashlight and LED display with voltage indication are other helpful features of note.
- Compact, super-portable design
- Intelliboost function makes the most of the jump starting power
- 3-mode LED flashlight
- Removable jumper cables for easier storage
- 2 USB ports and 1 laptop charging port built in
- Easy to read digital read-out
- Holds charge for 12 months or more
- No pressure read-out for the air compressor
- Air compressor hose is too short
5. Potek 1500 Jump Starter with Air Compressor
Potek’s 1500 Jump Starter is a handy tool to keep in your vehicle’s trunk. It’s relatively portable, stores easily, and is reliable in an emergency.
High Jump Power
The 1,500 peak amps you get from the Potek 1500 Jump Starter is enough for any size of vehicle, including SUVs and trucks. You’ll get this same high power through the USB and outlet charging ports, enough for any appliance up to 300 watts.
The attached handle on the Potek 1500 Jump Starter isn’t the most comfortable, but it’s fine considering this jump starter isn’t too heavy. More impressive are the simple storage features, which includes a compartment for accessories right on the jump starter.
- High peak amps
- Convenient carrying handle
- Storage compartment for accessories
- Charges any appliance up to 300 watts
- Air compressor includes 3 high-flow nozzles
- Holds charge well in storage
- Relatively slow tire inflation from air compressor
- Not much battery information on display
6. Kinverch Portable Car Jump Starter
For vehicles with a 3L engine or lower, the Kinverch Portable Car Jump Starter is the best jump starter with air compressor for the money. While the charging amps are low, it costs half as much or less compared to more powerful jump starters.
Everything about the Kinverch Portable Jump Starter is designed with portability in mind. The jumper cables coil nicely on the sides of the device, and there’s storage inside the charger for accessories. It’s relatively lightweight, too, at only 10 pounds, with a comfortable built-in handle.
With one USB port and one 12-volt socket, you can charge devices as well as vehicle batteries. Our only complaint is with the built-in LED flashlight. It’s simply not bright enough to do much good. Aside from this, though, the Kinverch Portable Jump Starter is a great all-in-one power source for all your travels.
- Most affordable option
- Air compressor fully inflates car tire in 6-8 minutes
- Relatively lightweight and portable
- Built-in storage for accessories
- Easy to read charge indicator
- Relatively low peak amps
- LED light is a bit weak for night-time work
7. Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR 1700 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
The JNCAIR from Jump-N-Carry is a high-powered jump starter that could work just as well in professional and home applications. While it does have a higher price tag than other options, the power and build quality are worth the investment.
High Peak Power
The Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR is the best car jump starter with air compressor if you need the most possible power. It provides 1,700 peak amps, enough for any battery. In addition to the jumper cables, it has two USB ports and two outlets for charging devices.
With a rubberized base, the JNCAIR will stay stable while you’re using it. Long 68” jumper cables give you a lot of room to work with. While it is a bit heavy, limiting its portability, the heavy-duty construction is ideal for a professional garage.
- Highest peak amps and battery capacity
- Includes volt meter to show charge status
- Base is rubberized for more stability
- Extra-long jumper cables included
- Dual USB ports and outlets for charging devices
- Most expensive option
- Bulkier and less portable than other jump chargers
8. DieHard 1150 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
The DieHard 1150 Jump Starter is a sturdy and versatile jump starter. What it lacks in portability it makes up for in ease of use and safety.
The clamps on the DieHard 1150 will trigger an alarm if you hook them up to the wrong terminals. There are also protections on the charging ports against shorts and over-charges. Its triangular shape keeps the center of gravity low, resisting tips and tumbles.
Efficient Device Charging
The charging features and options for devices on the DieHard 1150 Jump Starter are impressive. Firstly, dual USB and dual DC power lets you charge a lot of devices. You can charge up any appliance up to 400 watts of power, and run many devices for over 50 hours.
- Digital display is easy to read
- Outlets provide over 50 hours DC power
- Bottom-heavy design resists tipping
- Battery maintenance feature prevents overcharging devices
- Protections against over-charging and reverse polarity
- Built-in flashlight is relatively weak
- Not as easy to carry
9. Wagan EL7561 Jump Starter With Air Compressor
On the plus side, the Wagan EL7561 is both portable and feature-rich. The down-side is it doesn’t give you as much power, with only 300 cranking amps for jump starts.
The Wagan EL7561 makes an excellent power pack, providing USB, AC, and DC plug options. Its flashlight is brighter and better-designed than on most jump starters. In addition, it includes an AM/FM radio and an array of accessories for the air compressor.
The Waga EL7561’s rubberized housing means it can bounce around your trunk without taking damage. It also includes waterproof covers for the outlets and has recessed clamp storage. Top to bottom, this is a jump starter that’s built to last.
- Rubberized housing prevents damage
- Compact and portable
- Offers AC, DC, and USB charging
- Included storage for accessories
- Built-in AM/FM radio
- Bright 5-mode flashlight
- Low cranking amp power
- AC ports peak quickly
10. JF.EGWO Portable Battery Jump Starter With Air Compressor
When you’re on the go, portability can be more important than power. The JF.EGWO Portable Battery Jump Starter is both lightweight and affordable, though it’s not the most powerful jump box with air compressor out there.
The JF.EGWO Portable Battery Jump Starter weighs less than 5 pounds—one of the lightest jump starters you’ll find. It’s also very compact, fitting easily into a backpack or glovebox. The removable jumper cables are helpful for transportation and storage.
Power And Features
Admittedly, the 700 peak amps from the JF.EGWO won’t give you enough juice to jump batteries in larger engines. It’s ideal for smaller cars, motorcycles, and off-roading vehicles. It can also charge devices via USB, making it a handy portable power pack for travelers and campers.
- Great value
- Lightweight and portable
- Dual USB charging ports
- Bright, three-mode flashlight
- Removable jumper cables easier to store
- Comes with carrying case and adapters included
- Lower peak amps may not jump larger batteries
- Jumper cables are on the shorter side
Best Jump Starter With Air Compressor Buying Guide
Trying to figure out which is the best jump starter with air compressor? We’ve got some tips to find the best model for your needs. Let’s go through the most important features that will factor into your decision.
If you’re carrying the jump starter in your trunk, its weight might not be a big issue for you. More portable jump starters are great for recreation vehicles and camping trips. Some, like the Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR, are light and small enough to throw in your backpack.
The larger your engine, the more power you’ll need to jump the battery. It also takes more power to jump a battery in cold weather. If you own a V8 engine or live in a harsh climate, look for a jump starter with 1,500 amps or more for the best performance.
Most jump starters will do more than just jump your car. They also function as portable power packs, helping you charge devices when you’re on the road. All of these models offer either a USB port or an outlet, and in some cases both.
The more charging ports, the more devices the jump starter can power. Keep in mind, though, that multiple devices will drain the battery faster. Make sure you recharge your jump starter after using the charging ports so it’ll be ready if you have an emergency.
How Do You Use A Jump Starter?
- Make sure the vehicle is turned off and remove the keys from the ignition.
- Lift the hood and locate your battery. Visually inspect the terminals for any corrosion, which can prevent the battery from sending or receiving a charge. Corrosion can be cleaned away using a small scrub brush or old toothbrush dipped in a mixture of 1 tablespoon baking soda dissolved in 1 cup hot water. If you don’t have these tools available, wipe away as much of the corrosion as you can.
- Set the jump starter as far from the battery as the length of the jumper cables will allow. Verify that the jump starter is turned off before you begin attaching the cables.
- Connect the red clamp of the jump starter to the battery’s positive terminal. This is usually red and will be marked with a plus sign (+).
- Connect the black clamp of the jump starter to the battery’s negative terminal or a ground point on the vehicle, such as the vehicle’s frame.
- Turn on the jump starter.
- Try to turn the car on. Only try cranking the engine for about 5 seconds at most. If the vehicle won’t start, wait 2-3 minutes before making a second attempt.
- Once the vehicle starts, turn off the battery charger and remove the black clamp first, followed by the red clamp.
How Long Does A Jump Starter Last?
Most battery-powered jump starters will hold their charge for about 3-6 months before needing to be recharged. You should also fully recharge the jump starter after you’ve used it on your vehicle.
As far as the long-term lifespan of a jump starter, it varies based on a number of factors. Just like batteries, jump starters can be damaged by extreme heat, extreme cold, or deep discharges. If kept in good condition, a jump starter can last as long as a typical automotive battery (6-10 years).
Remember that even the best jump starter with air compressor won’t hold a charge forever. Keeping your jump starter charged guarantees it’ll be ready to go when you need it. Check your jump starter at least once a month to make sure it still has juice, and always re-charge it immediately after jumping a car. As long as you keep it charged, you’ll be good to go in any emergency with one of these impressive jump starters. We hope this review has helped you find the right one for you!
Read More: 10 Best Jump Starters Review 2020 [Update]