If you own a Mercedes Benz, it is important to have an iCarSoft MB II Smart Car Diagnostic Tool.
In the middle of your daily activities, your car can suddenly show the engine light on. It is important not to ignore the sign.
That is where the iCarSoft MBII diagnostic tool comes in to help troubleshoot your Mercedes Benz problem.
Mercedes Benz is equipped a state of art electronics and equipment and that is the reason they are sensitive.
Your car could be operating just fine but that does not mean you should not get worried about the engine light on.
MB II is specifically made for Mercedes Benz.
The device is important in covering a large number of Mercedes Benz models. The device is easy to use.
In this iCarSoft MB II smart diagnostic tool for Mercedes review, we will take a look at the specifications, features, and compatibility of this tool.
The iCarSoft smart diagnostic scanner covers most models built after the year 2000 that don’t require the 38 pin connector.
Examples of car Mercedes Benz models compatible with this tool:
- A Class: 168
- C Class: W203
- G-Class: 463 and 461
- CL-Class: 216 and 215
- B Class: 246
- E Class: W211, W212, W207
- CLK-Class W 209
- GLK –Class: 204
- CLS –Class: W218 and W219
- GL Class: W 166 and W 164
- M-Class: 164,163 and 166
- SLK-Class 172 and 171
- R-Class 251
- S-Class 221 and 220
The tool is compatible with Mercedes Benz car brand.
The available languages in the tools are Portuguese, English, Spanish, Korean Germ, Dutch, French, and Russian.
iCarSoft MB II display is wide at 4.0 inches TFT LCD display with 480*320 screen display that is considerably wide for crispy clear viewing as you troubleshoot your car.
It enables you and the technicians to accurately diagnose Mercedes Benz problems.
The tool delivers Mercedes Benz diagnosis with the new Bluetooth 4.0.
This tool troubleshoots all your car faults with the help of the Bluetooth communication between the Data Link Connector and the phone terminals.
List of iCarSoft MB II features:
- Resets the oil light, steering angle sensor, reset brake pad function, resets electronic transmissions control.
- Features a 4.0 inches LCD display.
- Does full ECU diagnosis.
- Applies to the entire models of MB equipped with OBDII
- Tests and monitors I/M readiness, performs EVAP system test and O2 sensors.
- Reads data stream and clears codes of the many systems like the engine, ABS, transmission, Airmatic, instrument cluster, airbag and Parktronic
- Supports multiple languages like French, English, Russian, Portuguese, Italian and Korean.
- Receives software’s updates.
The I/M readiness will indicate whether various emissions related to the system on the Mercedes Bens are operating properly and if they are ready for maintenance testing and inspection.
Closes and opens the brakes pads, reads and clears SBC/ EPB trouble codes.
It diagnoses the SRS system and ABS codes. It reads and clears all the codes of SRS/abs system and turns off the SRS/ABS warning lights. It also performs the bi-directional test like cycling the solenoids of ABS, retrieving it and ECU information.
When emission faults occur certain conditions of a vehicle gets recorded by your onboard vehicle computer. This recorded information is called freeze frame data. It is the data of the snapshot of your vehicles operational condition at the time when the emission-related faults occur.
O2 Sensor tests
This tool option allows viewing and retrieval of O2 sensors for the recently performed tests on the vehicle from the onboard computer. In other words, it is getting the freeze frame information and analyzing it.
This function is used to read the vehicles results from the onboard monitoring tests for the specific components or systems.
Evap System Tests
This function enables you to initiate a leak- test for the vehicle EVAP systems. However, before you work on this test, refers to the manual of the vehicle repair and access the procedures that are essential to stop the tests.
This option displays your vehicles identification number (VIN) and the calibration verification numbers and any other information of the tests done on the vehicle.
The iCarSoft MB II is equipped with repair functions like:
- Transmissions control unit
- Seat control modules
- Door control units
- Shifter module
- Electronic Stability Control
- Airbag control unit
- Anti-lock Brake systems
- Tire pressure monitor and Airmatic suspension
More detailed information
The power is 9V-18V with a storage temperature of -20degrees-70 degrees. The operating current is 150Ma @ 12V with power consumption of 1.8W.
The product dimensions are 205mm*110mm*31mm weighing 350 g.
TF card, USB cable, Nylon carrying case, TF card reader and user’s manual.
Pros and Cons of iCarSoft MB II
The iCarSoft MB II scanner can be compared with two other significant scanners of its type namely the Launch X431 Creader VII+ ( CRP123) Auto Code Reader and the iCarsoft Genuine Mercedes Benz I980 Professional scanner.
iCarsoft Genuine Mercedes Benz I980 Professional
This scanner is ideal for troubleshooting issues in Mercedez Benz Vehicles just like the MB 2 scanner.
- Excellent value and quality: the scanner will just read more than you can expect. By connecting it to your car, it will definitely transmission fluid temperature, its change as well as communicate with your truck easily without fussing around.
- Easy to update and use: the scanner does not entail a lot of complications but is easy to use and set up. Hence, saving you time.
- No dealership required for your troubleshooting: with this scanner, you need not go to your dealer for it to read and clear SRS codes after repair.
- Poor documentation and overall support: their customer care services are not as good as you would expect.
- May not work on some Mercedes Benz models: the scanner may fail to work on your car scanner unless you are sure that it is compatible with your specific car brand.
- No warranty: the scanner does not come along with a guarantee unless you request it on their customer care`s website.
Launch X431 Creader VII+ ( CRP123) Auto Code Reader
- Portable design making: the scanner is highly portable and convenient for you to use anywhere whenever you need it.
- Efficient and effective four troubleshooting: the scanner is excellent for you to check any errors as it works faster and offers you a vast number of solutions for you to correct the identified error code.
- Convenient onboard diagnosis: the tool will scan and offer you more than you would expect for the correction for your car related issues.
- Expensive: this tool comes at a relatively high price than those of its type, hence not right for you, especially if you are on a budget.
- May fail to read codes on some Mercedez Benz brands: the scanner does sometimes not work on some types of this vehicles, hence a disappointment.
- Lousy English: the scanner is made in Asia, and the English is horrible, sometimes hard for you to understand.
The question many Mercedes owners have is which is the best Mercedes scanner to buy.
First, the best scanner tool depends on your budget and your needs.
If you are working on a tight budget and the only need is to troubleshoot your vehicle, then consider purchasing the iCarSoft MB II to read and diagnose all the fault codes.
However, if you have a workshop and you need a tool that will function with many Mercedes models, the CarSoft 7.4 K-Line model is the ideal choice.
It will read and clear all faults of vehicles from 1996-2002.
The Bottom line
Overall, the iCarSoft MB II scanner tool is an ideal quality tool for your Mercedes Benz.
Not only will it make you stop the workshop visits but it is handy to use anywhere and at any time a fault arises.
The tool allows you to access Engine controls, open and close brake pads and almost all the cars systems.
Ideally, this tool is a good investment for beginners, car enthusiast, and Mercedes Benz owners.
Lastly, when you purchase the iCarSoft MB II scanner tool, think of the endless trips it had replenished from now onwards.
More so, the tool is affordable and one diagnostic scan is equal to the price of the iCarSoft scanner tool.
Therefore, do the math.