The PCM has determined that there’s a malfunction in the Output Shaft Speed Sensor (OSS) of the transmission system.
- Defective OSS
- Defective transmission fluid temperature sensor
- Wiring problem in the OSS circuit
- Check that all wiring to OSS is properly done and there are no open, broken or shorted wires
- Measure OSS voltage and compare with manufacturer’s specs. If they don’t match replace OSS
- Measure transmission fluid temperature sensor voltage and compare with manufacturer’s specs. If they don’t match replace the sensor