If you are struggling to buy a reliable power inverter for car then worry not, in this article we have reviewed the best ones for you today.
Let’s start NOW with the Editor’s Picks!!
|Editor's Picks||Product||Our Rating|
|Best Overall||BESTEK 300W||9/10|
|Runner Up||Foval 150W||8/10|
|Best Budget Buy||BESTEK 500W||9/10|
|Best Value||BMK 200W||8/10|
|Also Great||BESTEK 150W||7/10|
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Power Inverter For Car
- 1.1 1. BESTEK 300W 3.1A 12V to 110V Power Inverter for Car
- 1.2 2. Foval 150W 3.1A 12V to 110V Car Power Inverter
- 1.3 3. BESTEK 500W DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter
- 1.4 4. BMK 200W 12V to 110V Power Converter for Car
- 1.5 5. BESTEK 150W DC 12V to 110V AC Car Power Inverter
- 1.6 6. Bapdas 150W DC 12V to 110V AC Car Power Converter
- 1.7 7. KRIËGER 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter for Car
- 1.8 8. DEWALT DXAEPI140 140W DC 12V to 120V AC Car Power Converter
- 1.9 9. Ampeak 2000W DC to 110V Car Power Inverter
- 1.10 10. BESTEK 200W Car Power Inverter For Laptop
- 2 What Is A Car Power Inverter And How Does It Work?
- 3 The Final Thoughts
Best Power Inverter For Car
We have picked and reviewed the ten best power inverters for your cars. We studied all the available options to prepare a list of the ten best choices for smartphones, laptops and other devices below.
1. BESTEK 300W 3.1A 12V to 110V Power Inverter for Car
BESTEK is among the most popular brands producing power inverters. This beauty from the company is reliable and promises to get the job done. Connect it and enjoy 300 watts of continuous power and about 700 watts of instantaneous power. This is enough to run appliances like laptops and mobile phones.
You will find that it 2 USB ports and 2 AC outlets. The 110V AC outlet is suitable for big devices like tablets and laptops and the USB port is suitable for smaller devices such as USB fans.
You can use the inverter without any worries as it comes with excellent safety options in the form of a 40 amps fuse. It provides protection against short circuits, voltage fluctuations, and overheating. Hence, there will be no risk to your devices.
There is also a smart fan that keeps the BESTEK 300W Power Inverter cool and running for longer.
- Comes with a 1.5 years warranty
- Metal housing makes it highly durable
- Compact in size, hence does not take much space
- Offers fast charging
- The placement of ports is very good
- Exposure to direct sunlight can be bad for the inverter
- The cord is only 2 feet long which may not be enough for some users
2. Foval 150W 3.1A 12V to 110V Car Power Inverter
This Foval power inverter is known to be reliable thanks to a bunch of features that make it an excellent choice for those who want to work in the car without worrying about their laptop dying. It has a cigarette lighter plug, hence no worries about plugging it in.
Foval 150W inverter offers 150 watts, 3.1A output which is enough to charge multiple appliances at the same time. In addition to phones and laptops, you can use it to power small LEDs, breast pump, DVD players, and lights.
It has 2 USB ports and 2 AC outlets. They are carefully placed, hence there will be no difficulty in plugging two appliances in simultaneously.
The inverter comes with a fuse that provides protection against undercharging, overcharging, voltage fluctuations, and overheating. You can charge all your devices without worrying about any damage to them. They will receive clean power. Plus, there is also a small built-in fan to reduce the risk of short circuits and keep the unit running for hours.
- Comes with an 18 months warranty
- Excellent customer support
- Durable metal housing for added durability
- Charges appliances very quickly
- Small in size hence easy to carry and store
- Does not use Pure Sine Wave technology
- The cord is very small – 16 inches
3. BESTEK 500W DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter
Bestek is back on the list and for all the right reasons. This inverter offers all the benefits that the first one did but with a little more power and advantages.
The inverter produces 500 watts of continuous power and about 1,000 watts of instantaneous power. This makes it one of the most powerful inverters on the market.
It’s suitable for users who want to charge or run multiple devices at the same time including gaming consoles and hairdryers.
It has the same number of ports as the first unit from the company – 2 AC outlets and 2 USB ports. The placement of ports is quite good hence you will have no trouble in running multiple appliances simultaneously.
In addition to a traditional, 27.5-inch lighter plug, it comes with a pair of 24-inch alligator battery clamps that you can use to plug the device into a 12V battery.
Since it is bigger and more powerful than the two previous options, it comes with additional safety features in the form of two fuses. They work with the built-in fan to provide protection against undercharging, short circuits, overcharging, voltage fluctuations, and overheating.
- Enough power to run some bigger appliances
- Comes with two extra 40A fuses
- Excellent customer support – 24/7
- Solid housing ensures the unit runs for an extended period of time
- Charges very quickly
- Does not drain the battery
- The fan can be a bit noisy
- The 2 feet long cable may not be enough for some users
4. BMK 200W 12V to 110V Power Converter for Car
BMK 200W power inverter is fast becoming a reliable name when it comes to car appliances. This advanced product from the company is the best power inverter for cars as it offers some amazing features.
The inverter produces 200 watts of power which is a little low when compared to other products on the market but it may be enough to run a bunch of small and some large appliances including mobile phones, PSP, and cameras.
It can also charge small laptops as they only require about 60 watts of power. However, you will get more ports than most other options – 4 USB ports and 2 AC outlets.
Thanks to this feature, you can charge up to four mobile phones at once as each requires less than 10 watts of power. With this beauty, group trips will be fun as well.
There are manual switch options for AC outlets for added safety. Plus, there is a fuse that provides protection against overheating, short circuiting, lightning, overcharging, overloading, etc.
Moreover, it also has a smart fan that works to keep the device cool and running. But, what we love more on the BMK 200W’s is the LCD.
The screen displays the current being used so that you know if you can add more appliances or not. This is a great feature that can be effective in keeping the inverter and your devices safe.
Other than this, the screen also shows battery voltage when connected.
- LED indicators make it fun to use
- Looks very good
- Comes with a long 2-year warranty
- Excellent customer support
- The ports are carefully placed which makes it possible to use ‘em all simultaneously
- The fan can be a bit noisy
- May overheat if not rotated constantly
5. BESTEK 150W DC 12V to 110V AC Car Power Inverter
BESTEK 150W inverter is stylish, smart, and small. It offers all that you would expect from a power inverter at 150 watts of continuous power that is enough to run a large number of small and mid-sized appliances. Plus, the unit hits a high of 250 watts.
It has a total of three ports: 2 USB ports and 1 110V AC outlet. The USB ports are smart and will automatically detect when you plug a device in.
It uses Bestek’s special patented protection that protects your devices against voltage fluctuations.
In addition to this, it has a safety door that can be effective in reducing electric shocks. Moreover, it provides protection against overloads, overcharging, short circuiting, and overheating.
- Very small and easy to carry
- Quite safe to use
- Comes with 1.5 years of warranty
- .32 inch cigarette lighter plug can fit most vehicles
- Special aluminum housing makes it durable
- There is only one AC outlet
- Can be slightly noisy
6. Bapdas 150W DC 12V to 110V AC Car Power Converter
Bapdas 150W DC 12V to 110V AC Power Converter for Car
Bapdas may not be the most popular company making AC to DC inverters but it’s fast gaining momentum due to products like the Bapdas 150W Car Power Inverter.
This Bapdas inverter generates about 150 watts of power that is enough to run a number of appliances including some large electronics like television sets, DVD players, and laptops.
It has two USB ports ( (1A and 2.A) that are known to be fast at charging smartphones and tablets. Other than this, there is a 110V AC plug that you can use to run other appliances.
No worries when it comes to safety thanks to protection against low load, low voltage, over voltage, short circuit, overloading, and overheating.
It has a built-in fan that keeps the unit cool for hours. Plus, it will automatically shut down if it detects issues with the flow of current. This way your appliances will be safe and secure.
- The unit is quite compact hence easy to carry and store
- Excellent customer support
- Can charge phones very quickly
- Aluminum design makes it highly durable
- The fan operates very silently
- The cord is only 16 inches long
- There is only one AC outlet
7. KRIËGER 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter for Car
KRIËGER is known to produce reliable and powerful appliances and this power inverter is no different.
This KRIËGER inverter produces up to 1,100 watts of power that is enough to run not only mobile phones and laptops but also bigger appliances including small refrigerators made for vehicles that only consume about 150 watts of power.
The inverter has 2 USB ports and 2 AC outlets that are carefully placed to ensure you can plug four appliances in simultaneously without any difficulty.
You will also appreciate uts big LCD display that gives information regarding output wattage, battery level, and input voltage. In addition to this, it also displays various protections.
KRIËGER 1100 watt inverter has all the safety features you’d expect from a unit this size.
It protects appliances against short circuit, temperature, overload, etc. It has a thermal fan that worst silently. Plus, a built-in fuse to take care of fluctuations.
- MET approved
- The cord is pretty good at about 3 feet
- Comes with a long warranty – 3 years
- Among the most powerful units
- Comes with a free installation kit
- Fun to use thanks to a remote control that lets you switch it on or off
- A little bulky at over 4 pounds
- Customer service can be better
8. DEWALT DXAEPI140 140W DC 12V to 120V AC Car Power Converter
DEWALT products are cheap but very reliable.It offers 140 watts of power that’s enough to run phones, laptops, and some other small appliances.
The device is equipped with 2 USB ports and 1 AC port. The placement of ports is quite good and you will have no issue in plugging three items at the same time,
It has a built-in fuse that offers protection against voltage fluctuations and overheating.
- Since it is fanless, there will be no noise
- 1-year limited warranty
- Does not drain the battery thanks to the auto shut feature
- Comes with installation hardware and a mounting kit
- G Wave inverter offers safety
- May heat up due to a lack of fan
- Might not be very durable
9. Ampeak 2000W DC to 110V Car Power Inverter
If you are power hungry then you can’t go wrong with this Ampeak 2,000 watt device. It offers more than basic features and can be a good pick for those with a big vehicle thanks to its ability to offer 2,000 watts of continuous power that hits a high of 4,000 watts.
Opt for this powerful device if you want to run more than just a bunch of small appliances as this incredible unit can power even small ACs. It is good for a variety of resistive products and is easy to use.
However, some may be disappointed as this inverter has only one USB port since it is not essentially made to run small appliances. You will, however, find three AC units that will let you run three appliances at the same time.
It has a small LCD display, which some may find to be too tiny. It displays voltage and protection information.
This powerful inverter uses modified sine wave technology to ensure even the most sensitive equipment runs well. However, since it lacks pure sine wave technology, do not expect it to run medical equipment, etc.
Nonetheless, it does provide protection against basic dangers like overheating and short circuits thanks to 10 build-in fuses, 2 cooling fans. There is also an alarm system to inform you if things go wrong. Plus, the unit will shut down automatically in case it detects fluctuations.
- Comes with insulated cables that are safer than traditional cables
- ABS shell makes it highly durable
- Comes with a 1.5 years warranty
- Easy to mount thanks to a mounting slot
- Suitable for a variety of uses
- Not suitable for small cars
- Unsafe for inductive products
10. BESTEK 200W Car Power Inverter For Laptop
Last on this list is another product from Bestek. It connects to the cigarette lighter socket and is one of the most compact designs out there. But, do not let the size fool you.
It produces 400 watts of power that is enough to run small appliances like laptops, MP3 players, and phones. This is possible due to the presence of two USB ports and two AC outlets so you can run four appliances at the same time.
However, due to its small size, it may be difficult to run all four appliances at once as there isn’t a lot of space between the ports. The good thing, however, is that it protects devices against surges and will automatically shut down in case it gets too hot.
- The inverter is affordable
- Comes with a warranty
- Very compact hence easy to carry and store
- You will not hear the fan noise when the car is running
- Looks pretty good
- Leaving it plugged may drain the battery
- The ports are poorly placed
What Is A Car Power Inverter And How Does It Work?
A car power inverter, in simple words, is a device that you can use to power some small devices. It converts DC current into AC current, usually from DC 12V to AC 110V, so that you can charge your phone, laptop, or run small devices like a radio just like you’d charge it at home.
Your car produces DC current that gets stored in the car’s battery. It is known as direct current because it flows in one direction – from the battery to where it’s needed. It produces low voltage, hence isn’t enough to run even small appliances like laptops.
What an inverter really does is increase the voltage running through the wires. Once the voltage reaches the required level, the inverter works to convert it into AC current so you can charge your devices.
Inverters are oscillators that work rapidly to switch the polarity resulting in a square wave. However, since most appliances require a true sine wave, car inverters typically come with additional components.
Technically speaking, it converts DC current into AC current but then why is it not called a ‘converter’? This is because there already is a converter that is used to convert AC current into DC current. Hence, we call it a DC to AC power inverter for car.
A power inverter is not very different from the power outlets you use in your home to run electrical appliances like television sets, microwaves, and computers.
These devices use power or electricity running through the electrical lines installed at your place. You have to pay for the amount of electricity you consume at the end of the month. You can do pretty much the same thing with your car but without having to worry about utility bills at the end of the month.
The Final Thoughts
These were ten of the best power inverters for cars. While all these products are great, make sure to pick one that fits you the best.