You are looking for and OBD2 scanner for iPhone, iPad or Android? Then you’ve landed on the right page.
You don’t have enough time to read the whole review?
Don’t worry!! I’ve picked out the best choice for you right below:
>>Great Features: BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional >>Check Price at Amazon
>> Best Compatible: Carista OBD2 Bluetooth >>Check Price at Amazon
>> Cheap Price: Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth 4.0 >>Check Price at Amazon
Scroll down for more details.
3 Best OBD2 Scanner for iPhone, iPad & Android
Out of the many Bluetooth scanners flooding in the market, here is a list of three best OBD2 scanners for your iPhone or iPad by Dec.2017.
|1||Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner||4.3/5||iOS and Android||See Details|
|2||BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 Scan tool||4.4/5||iOS and Android||See Details|
|3||Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter, Scanner||4.1/5||iOS and Android||See Details|
More details about the 3 best OBD2 scanners for iPhone and iPad are showed below for your convenience.
1. Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner
VEEPEAK is one the best OBD2 scanner for iPhone, iPad that is budgeted Bluetooth scanner. Veepeak is best at reading sensor data and real-time engine data like coolant temperatures, load value, and fuel system.
The scanner is best for the people who want to avoid a visit to the mechanic and handle everything on their own.
This is an easy tool which can save you from spending thousands of bucks on car maintenance.
Moreover, the veepeak scanner comes with 30-day money back guarantee and 1-year replacement facilities.
- It is small and lightweight. This makes the installation easier in comparison to other scan tools.
- Veepeak is an advantage for multiple car owners. They can install the scan tool on all the cars.
- The LCD display feature is easy to read and the coding is not difficult to understand.
- The price is too low compared to other scan tools. This makes the device high in demand.
- Compatible with both Android and iOs devices.
- Veepeak is highly recommended to the beginners and DIYers because of the easy operational features.
- The device saves you money on battery. Veepeak is a battery-less Bluetooth scan tool which charges itself from the car connections.
- The device has certain compatibility issues with few cars. You must check the compatibility before making a purchase.
- Sometimes the codes can be complicated to understand. The booklet that comes handy does not contain many useful pieces of information.
- You have to rely on the customer support most of the time.
The veepeak scan tool is said to be the easiest to use the device and gives you a peace of mind. Apart from minor disadvantages, the scan tool makes a perfect buy for the best price.
The overall functionality of the Veepeak OBD2 scan tool aims at giving the best user experience.
It is a great addition to the DIYers toolbox and one of the best compatible devices.
2. BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 Scan tool
The Bluetooth driver is a Premium Diagnostic OBD2 Scanner found to deliver the best services and makes a great user experience.
The BlueDriver App and the BlueDriver sensor work together and give the best service quality.
The main focus of the BlueDriver is repairs and diagnosis of problems. It does not give out signals on fuel economy and driving.
The problems with BlueDriver Bluetooth scan tool is the incompatibility features, which may not be a big issue.
Here are the pros and cons of the BlueDriver Bluetooth scan tool.
- The Bluetooth scanner works well with any Android and Apple devices. The App and the Sensors are equally compatible.
- BlueDriver is manufactured in America by well-known American engineers. (It is an advantage to know the manufacturers as you may not know from where the other Bluetooth scanners come from! With BlueDriver scanners, you can trust the manufacturers.)
- Gives you complete data readings, including advanced data and misfire counts.
- The App compiles any error or faults occurred in the device. When there is any failure, the Bluedriver app compiles and fixes the error report on its own.
- The device complies with smog readiness test. It detects the emission and tells whether the car can pass or not.
- The size is amazing. It is so small to fit in your palm.
- The app is free for the users and the device does not have any hidden costs.
- The Bluetooth connection falls at times that creates problems in sending data to the smartphone.
- It is specially made for iOs systems. The Bluedriver is not compatible with windows operating devices.
- There are some indistinct flaws with the app. It loses all the data as soon the device goes into sleep mode.
- You need to check the compatibility before installing the device. It doesn’t go well with the likes of Hyundai, BMWs, and some of such cars.
The Blue Driver Bluetooth scan tool is an Apple licensed Bluetooth scanner that works well for both Apple and Android devices.
It is an easy to use code reader that enhances the benefits of your smartphones. The device does not include any add-on buys and the app comes for free with the BlueDriver.
Regardless the flaws, it has all the conventional features to become one of the best OBD2 scanners for iPhone, iPad.
Now, check out here a video review of The Blue Driver Bluetooth scan tool
Now, check out here a video review of The Blue Driver Bluetooth scan tool
3. Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter and Scanner
Carista is cool and slightly different Bluetooth scan tool which makes your life easier. Compared to other Bluetooth scanner, Carista diagnoses reset the faults and customize your car as well.
Carista is a found as a reasonable code reader that works well with Android and iOs devices as well.
Engine transmission features are free with the device, but you need to pay for brand specification features like an airbag, ABS, and others.
- Carista gives you full control of the car including the resetting of the fuel tank, diagnosing the problems and resetting them.
- The Carista App is free for both the Android and iOs devices.
- The device is compact, which makes the installation convenient.
- Carista works well with many cars like BMWs, Hyundai, Audi, Lexus, VW models and many more luxury cars.
- The Carista Bluetooth scanner works magically on its own. The device does not need any pre-installation.
- You can customize your car by changing the features on the Carista device. This makes the device special as well.
- It works well with third-party apps as well.
- The Carista Bluetooth scanner tool requires the user to make some in-app purchases before installation.
- The Carista device is cheap but the user has to make some subscriptions for the Carista app to work well.
On making a purchase, the user gets a free 1-month subscription to the installation kit. Although you need to make payments later on, it is worth the payments.
Carista scanner is a great tool which gives you access to e-facilities to customize and service your car by yourself.
Every feature like resetting your fuel tank, the brakes customization, and the launching control is now just a single click away.
Below you can find a video review about Carista OBD2 BMW VAG coding diagnostic interface for iOS
According to the reviews, if you are looking for a cheap price, then Veepeak is the best pick.
For those, who want to have the best compatible OBD2 scan tool for their own luxury cars like BMWs, Hyundai, Audi, Lexus, VW models, etc, a Carista must be the best fit.
However, once your car is compatible with the device, and you’d love to experience great features, BlueDriver can become the best device due to no hidden cost involved and high reviews then.
The Bottom line
The market is full of numerous Bluetooth scan tool.
Before buying a particular OBD2 scan tool for your iPhone or iPad, you must narrow down what you want from a particular device.
Whether you are a DIY’er or run to the mechanic, you must pick the best OBD2 wisely.