The best OBD2 Scanner with ABS SRS diagnostic functions is what you’re looking for? Then you’ve landed on the right page.
SRS ABS code readers are also known as OBD2 scanners that are specially designed to diagnose and perform service functions on the ABS and Airbag systems in your cars. There are hundreds of ABS SRS scan tools out there, which should make you confused about choosing the right one.
Before going to the detailed review of the scan tools, check out the editor’s recommendations in the comparison chart below.
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Airbag ABS Scan Tool:
|Editor's Pick||Also Great||Best Affordable|
Foxwell NT630 Plus
4.5 / 5
3.8 / 5
4.5 / 5
|Product Dimensions||9.4" x 8.4" x 2.7"||17.7" x 9.8" x 2.4"||2.2" x 1.9" x 1|
|Airbag, ABS Diagnosis||✔||✔||✔|
|Read & Clear Codes||✔||✔||✔|
|Full OBDII Test Modes||✔||✔||✔|
|ABS Manual Control Tests||✔||✔||✔|
|ABS Motor Test||--||✔||--|
|ABS Version Test||--||✔||--|
Check out the detailed review of the 10 best SRS ABS diagnostic tools in the market in 2020 NOW!!
Table of Contents
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Airbag ABS Scan Tool:
- 2 Best OBD2 Scanner with ABS SRS
- 2.1 1. Launch CRP123 ENG AT Airbag ABS Code Reader
- 2.2 2. FOXWELL NT630 Plus OBD2 Scanner with ABS/SRS
- 2.3 3. BlueDriver Bluetooth OBDII Scanner for iPhone & Android
- 2.4 4. Autel ML619 OBD2 Scan Tool with ABS SRS Diagnoses
- 2.5 5. Launch CRP129 Car Diagnostic Tool with Reset Functions
- 2.6 6. Launch Creader VII+ AT ENG Diagnostic Tool
- 2.7 7. Autel MD808 Pro All-System OBD2 Scanner
- 2.8 8. Autel Diaglink Transmission Diagnostic Tool
- 2.9 9. Innova 3100j ABS SRS Code Reader
- 3 The Bottom Line
Best OBD2 Scanner with ABS SRS
1. Launch CRP123 ENG AT Airbag ABS Code Reader
Launch CRP123 offers affordable professional diagnostics conveniently and comprehensively. It is compatible with over 25 car models from Asia, Europe, and America.
Among its main functions are testing ABS, SRS, engine, transmission, and airbag systems. Being one of the few airbag codes readers out there, you can use it to reset or turn off faulty airbag light.
The scanner performs DTC reading and clearing, plus it supports all ten OBDII protocol test modes. In addition to that, it can read live OBDII data streams, troubleshoot oxygen sensors and carbon canisters in all vehicles with a standard OBDII from as early as 1996. Tasks such as turning off the check engine light, brake system lights, and airbag lights are made easier with this scanner, but that’s not all it does.
It can be used to read and clear DTCs in transmission, engine, and fuel systems as well.
It’s easy to use interface turns it into a user-friendly device with a load of useful features that even the average vehicle owner would find useful. This airbag scanner is handheld and perfectly portable, although its wide profile requires two-hand usage for efficiency.
Its durable exterior is complemented by a large easy to read backlit LCD display. It doesn’t need batteries; it is powered via the OBDII cable it comes with.
Launch CRP123 is for non-professionals who wish to get a bit more information than what the average OBDII scanner can offer.Check Price at Amazon
2. FOXWELL NT630 Plus OBD2 Scanner with ABS/SRS
FOXWELL NT630 Plus is an abd and airbag scanner you’d expect to find at auto and body shops mainly because it is powerful and very thorough.
From basic DTC reading and clearing and turning off the Check Engine lights, SAS calibration, diagnosing ABS/airbag systems to auto ABS bleeding, it excels in everything it does.
Its construction is pretty impressive, with an impact-resistant outer case and a rubberized sleeve for extra grip and protection.
The widely compatible SRS scanner works with vehicles that have either OBD or its second iteration, OBDII. This puts cars, SUVs, and trucks from as late as 2016 into its list of compatible vehicles.
In addition to reading and clearing DTCs, this airbag code reader shows live vehicle data in text and graph formats.
Graphs from different parameters can be viewed simultaneously or even merged to provide the most comprehensive view.
The FOXWELL NT630 Plus also promises free software updates for a lifetime and has multiple language support.
Foxwell NT630 Plus is built for ABS and Airbag Diagnosis. Any car owners or DIY people will find this scan tool to be very useful.Check Price at Amazon
3. BlueDriver Bluetooth OBDII Scanner for iPhone & Android
BlueDriver has an amazing 32-foot range, and its app is available on both Android and iOS platforms. Its Freeze Frame feature delivers a slice of data. Moreover, the app can display speed, engine RPMs, and other data as numbers or graphics gauges.
This scanner enables you to prepare for the up-coming smog check, read and clear codes, reset dashboard MIL. It can also count the engine misfires on newer cars, and give you a repair report with more than 6 million verified fix guides that can be saved as PDFs.
- Can read and clear CEL codes
- Can read and clear enhanced codes: like ABS, Airbag, Transmission, etc.
- Repair Reports: Code Definition, Possible Causes, Reported Fixes
- Freeze Frame: Allows vehicle snapshot once a code is stored
- Mode 6: Advanced test results (like misfire counts)
- Smog Check: Check if the car is ready for a smog test
- Live Data: Display multiple PIDs as a graph, gauge, or digital readout
- The computerized voice can be annoying at times.
- It also doesn’t give detailed info for the codes.
- The layout is a little confusing
The BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool is an excellent tool for DIY car mechanics and comes at a relatively cheap price.Check Price at Amazon
4. Autel ML619 OBD2 Scan Tool with ABS SRS Diagnoses
Autel Maxilink ML619 ABS Code reader can be updated and upgraded using the Internet. It is perfect for reading and clearing DTCs of anti-lock brakes and airbag systems.
Autel Maxilink ML619 diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996. It also works on newer major vehicle models including GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, Mercedes, BMW, etc.
- It turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and ABS warning lights.
- It retrieves generic, manufacturer specific codes and pending codes.
- Views freeze frame data
- Reads, stores, and playbacks live PCM data stream and live sensor data
- Graphs data
- Prints data via PC
- For models before 2002, you need an additional connector cable.
- It doesn’t support MAC OS.
- It doesn’t work for electric cars.
If you have a vehicle model compatible with this tool and you don’t want to spend too much, then the ML619 is a good choice. It is a good choice for DIY-ers.Check Price at Amazon
5. Launch CRP129 Car Diagnostic Tool with Reset Functions
The Launch CRP 129 is an OBD2 scanner with many functions. It works for the most important car systems, including:
- ENG/AT/ABS/SRS/ 4 basic systems
- Reset functions for EPB/SAS/Oil Service Light
This reader works on over 40 1996 US-based, 2000 European-based and newer OBD2/EOBD protocol vehicles. It has an advanced system output and graphics display with OBDII Data Stream. It makes the analysis of diagnostic information relatively easy while you are repairing and adjusting the vehicle.
- It has a one year manufacturer’s warranty. You can access all the latest updates online.
- Allows the diagnosis of 4 systems; Engine, Transmission, ABS, Airbag
- Resets functions like oil reset, EPB reset and SAS reset
- Applicable for most vehicles which match OBDII standard after 1996
- Supports all ten test modes of OBDII
- Reads and clears DTCs
- Supports online upgrade
- It cannot work on diesel trucks but can work for some 12v diesel vehicles.
- It needs an additional BENZ 38 pin connector and BMW 20 pin connector
- Does not show any emissions information
Launch CRP129 OBDII is an automotive Diagnostic Tool for mechanics and professionals. It can diagnose tens of vehicles within an hour, though that depends on your activeness. If you need a scan tool to cycle the abs solenoids beside other functions, take this one.Check Price at Amazon
6. Launch Creader VII+ AT ENG Diagnostic Tool
Launch Creader VII+ can support four systems i.e. Engine/Transmission/ABS/ Airbag System. It has the following features:
- DTC help and service information
- DTC Reading and Clearing Displays
- Supports all 10 test modes of OBDII protocol
- Test Oxygen sensor and carbon canister
- OBDII Data Stream Graphic Display
Launch Creader VII+ covers more than 20 main car models in America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. It only supports the cars after 2006 for ENG/AT/ABS/SRS diagnosis. It supports all 10 test modes of OBDII protocol.
- Provides DTC help and service information tests Oxygen sensor and carbon canister
- Tests Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag
- Convenient onboard diagnosis
- Portable design making
- Efficient and effective for troubleshooting
- The software is only compatible with PC with Windows XP, Windows 7 & 8 system
- Not compatible with iOS
- has NO RESET FUNCTIONS for the Engine/Transmission/ABS/SRS diagnosis
Launch Creader VII+ is helpful for both DIY-er car mechanics as well as professional auto-repair workshops.Check Price at Amazon
7. Autel MD808 Pro All-System OBD2 Scanner
Autel MaxiDiag MD 808 is a good choice as an ABS code reader. It scans all available vehicle systems, not just the engine, ABS, SRS and Transmission.
This ABS code reader is compatible with domestic, Asian and European vehicles, 1996. It has a global OBD II coverage for U.S. domestic, Asian and European makes and models.
- Read and clear trouble codes
- Support oil service reset
- Diesel particulate service including forced regeneration
- Live Data of Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag (SRS) systems
- Reset functions for various systems
- Scanning speed is a lit bit slow
- The software is a little confusing
- The instruction manual is a bit vague
Autel MD808 Pro ABS SRS scanner will give most DIY auto mechanics a good grasp in determining a good pathway in fixing their cars.Check Price at Amazon
Automotive scanners don’t get much better than the Autel DiagLink (MD802 DIY version) from Autel.
Its compatibility with popular car models from Asia, Europe, and America is only surpassed by its powerful functionality.
This is a serious car diagnostic tool with the ability to read and clear trouble codes on all vehicle systems.
Diagnostic functions that can be performed with the Autel DiagLink include full OBDII scanning, reading and erasing codes, live data stream viewing, and 02 monitor testing.
Convenient add-ons such as a DTC lookup library makes it easier to understand the root of your car troubles.
The Autel DiagLink offers far more comprehensive vehicle coverage, including access to onboard communication modules, the body, and the chassis.
The average gearhead would love to have an airbag diagnostic tool with so many capabilities. However, unless you routinely service your car yourself, this is an airbag scan tool that is best left to the pros.
The Autel DiagLink (MD802 DIY version) is clearly built for advanced users. Professionals will find it ideal for their tech-heavy requirements.
At the same time, car owners will not be overwhelmed since it is fairly easy to use and understand.Check Price at Amazon
9. Innova 3100j ABS SRS Code Reader
A simple and affordable ABS scan tool, the INNOVA 3100j allows you to diagnose your car’s problems. It accesses onboard systems safely and reads codes.
With the help of Innova 3100j, you can perform OBD2 tests to find the causes of the dashboard lights and reset them. MIL reset, oil reset, battery/alternators tests, freeze frame data are some of the popular features and functions they this scanner offers.
- Can read and erase ABS & SRS light trouble codes.
- Added features of battery & alternator tests
- Can check the performance of a vehicle’s charging system.
- The oil reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures.
- The free updates ensure that the tools are always up-to-date.
- The instructions for the code reader are pretty vague.
- There is an associated subscription fee to access the site.
- Slow response time during operation
INNOVA 3100j is designed with easy handheld and easy to operate. It is suitable for technicians, DIY-ers, and auto shop owners.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
Not everyone will need an airbag and ABS code scanner, but for those who do, more features do not always mean better value.
If you need a lean, mean diagnostics machine, steer clear of perks such as massive touchscreen displays since these attract a larger price tag.
Instead, focus on the device’s scanning parameters, its build quality, its level of compatibility, and generally how well it will serve the specific purpose you need it for.
Airbag code scanners save you the trip to the mechanic every time the airbag lights malfunction.
The right scanner will allow you to diagnose, clear, and reset all your vehicle’s systems, effectively extending their longevity.
Cost shouldn’t be an issue for professionals, but non-certified technicians should be careful not to spend too much on a scanner since they can be quite pricey.
Powerful features are important but not absolutely necessary for ordinary day-to-day vehicle diagnostics.
Overall, when deciding on which airbag code scanner to buy, consider how much you expect to use it, the vehicle systems you wish to diagnose, and how tight your spending budget is.
No matter how specialized your diagnostics processes get, this list has all the equipment you’ll ever need to understand how your vehicle is performing, and what you can do to enhance that performance.