The Actron CP9680 Code Reader is one of the best gadgets on the market for Airbag, OBD II, engine, and ABS scanning. The tool’s efficiency and reliability in detecting key airbag and engine functions are quite outstanding.
This tool is essentially used to check for and clear diagnostic trouble codes that cause the check engine, ABS, and Airbag lights to illuminate. It works flawlessly as a gateway to your car’s computer.
Once you plug the scanner into your car, you can run a scan to get the trouble codes.
Could accessing and troubleshooting your car’s computer get easier?
Actron CP9680 In-depth Review
Excellent Features and Functionalities
The Actron CP9680 can efficiently make advanced diagnostics and accurate repairs because of the following key features:
- The gadget uses cutting-edge Code Connect technology responsible for its comprehensive database of over 26 million verified fixes.
- A nice multi-color LCD screen with a trilingual menu that is easy to navigate.
- The gadget is equipped with ABS and SRS Airbag coverage for most vehicle brands, including 1996-2013 General Motors vehicles.
- Don’t worry if you have an older car because this scanner can read On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) from vehicles built from as early as 1994.
- The device is equipped with top priority fixes and troubleshooting specific to the vehicle’s model, make, year, and engine.
- Another key feature is that you can plot the engine’s data graphically in real-time. You can also save this live data.
- Its USB Port allows you to upload or download data, for example, saved engine data onto your laptop or personal computer.
The Actron has specific definitions and codes from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), which is an advantage over most standard scanners with aftermarket codes and definitions.
- All the fixes and repairs displayed on the Actron CP9680 are verified and certified by professional auto-tech mechanics. You can, therefore, be sure that the fix you are applying to the vehicle is the right one.
- The tool is very easy and straightforward to use even without advanced OBD II knowledge.
- Regular firmware updates for the gadget can be downloaded from the internet.
- The LCD display is quite easy to read and navigate.
- The Actron CP9680 supports both battery and alternator charging.
- The device is compact enough to be held in one hand.
- Quick and accurate to read airbag and check engine light codes.
- Actron has excellent customer care services. You can look up confirmed fixes on Actron’s official website.
- This gadget can graph two PID’s simultaneously.
- The Actron PC9680 cannot test individual sensors and lacks PCM programming. These are features that are included in other standard scanners. Therefore, one has to look for another scanner that has this function.
- Well, there are no other significant drawbacks worth mentioning, since it works as good as advertised.
Actron CP9680 vs. Foxwell NT630 Elite vs. Autel MD802
Foxwell NT630 Elite
The Foxwell NT630 Elite Automotive Code Reader comes close to this Actron in terms of efficiency and functionality. Software updates for bug fixes are also made available periodically for the Foxwell NT630 Elite. The significant advantage is that besides Airbag, ABS, and engine scanning capabilities.
Autel MaxiDiag MD802 Elite
The Autel comes with a manual that explains the very basics of the car’s computer and what the tool is all about.
The Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 works with almost any car brand you can name. It can save data for printing and provide audible diagnostic cues. It is powerful and durable enough to be used professionally.
In conclusion, Actron is dedicated to making the best readers and scanners that can quickly and accurately diagnose and fix your vehicle’s computer.
The tool functions are much better than its predecessor-the Actron CP9580-which had just over 3 million verified fixes.
Actron CP9680 has a simple user interface; hence everyone can use it, including beginners, DIYers, car enthusiasts, and professional mechanics.
The Code Connect troubleshooter is quite impressive. This technology is the gadget’s secret to solving code troubles. The technology itself was compiled by knowledgeable and experienced mechanics.
Actron has built the CP9680 to the highest possible standards. Actron will definitely stay ahead of its competition for many years to come.
Customers who have made purchases and reviewed the device have mentioned that it works as advertised. Many of them trust their accuracy and ability to last for years.
Another client also tested this gadget in 2002, 2003, and 2013 domestic vehicles, and it functions perfectly in all of them. This test proves that it works on a wide range of vehicle brands regardless of their manufacturing years.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
In a nutshell, the Actron CP9680 is a great code reader that functions flawlessly. With its Code Connect technology and comprehensive diagnostic capabilities, the Actron is definitely the go too gadget.
Professional auto-technicians and mechanics highly recommend this tool. Moreover, many other OBD II scanners on the market don’t provide updates, making their data obsolete after some years, rendering the gadgets useless as technology advances.
The fact that certified auto-technicians regularly check the fixes for the Actron CP9680 makes it the sole front-runner.